Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
In all the trips we have made to wales over the years it occured to us we had never seen Cardiff or the Castle therein. So we set out on a mission, to be revealed tomorrow that would include taking in Cardiff Castle. Coming from the South of England the rate of non British expansion came as a bit of a shock, where have all the welsh gone. As to the castle well we managed to drive past, then drive around for an hour looking for a suitable parking space before giving it up as a bad job. So we took a trip up the Rhondda Valley to Treorchy then turned left and parked for the night overlooking the Rhondda. I parked in exactly the spot that I parked on my first visit to Wales in 1967. This time I have a camera with me, the view is the same and still surrounded by sheep. It is a wonderous place and am really glad to have found it again. No phone numbers so cant arrange any meets and think Mike and Caroline live not too far away. Never mind another day tomorrow. Have to be in Maestaig by mid morning. More to follow with photos.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
In all the trips we have made to wales over the years it occured to us we had never seen Cardiff or the Castle therein. So we set out on a mission, to be revealed tomorrow that would include taking in Cardiff Castle. Coming from the South of England the rate of non British expansion came as a bit of a shock, where have all the welsh gone. As to the castle well we managed to drive past, then drive around for an hour looking for a suitable parking space before giving it up as a bad job. So we took a trip up the Rhondda Valley to Treorchy then turned left and parked for the night overlooking the Rhondda. I parked in exactly the spot that I parked on my first visit to Wales in 1967. This time I have a camera with me, the view is the same and still surrounded by sheep. It is a wonderous place and am really glad to have found it again. No phone numbers so cant arrange any meets and think Mike and Caroline live not too far away. Never mind another day tomorrow. Have to be in Maestaig by mid morning. More to follow with photos.

Roger, Traveling around France ........somebody has left those laaaaaarge iron gates open!!:Eeek::Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks Carolyn for trying to get in touch unfortunately I did not have your phone number or would have called you. So where were we?
614f6aeb.jpg

can anyone tell me where this old man of the mountain is and where I was parked?
Now all can be revealed to my everlasting shame I have become a tugger again. The thought of Frankie spending the rally in a tent was too much for me so we brought forward our idea to buy a caravan for use when family visit and maybe even rent it out on site, who knows.
ec66b54f.jpg

It is a fairly old 2 berth Lunar Clubman that should I hope provide Frankie with at least the basic facilities during her stay. Just have to work out how/if it all works now. Hee hee.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
wales

Hi Roger.

Your travells from Treochy to Maesteg will have taken you over the Bwlch mountain ,glad you had a safe stopover,as you would have noticed there are no coalmines in the Rhondda anymore.

Also you could have camped in the centre of Cardiff at Sophia gardens and walked to the castle in 5 mins.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks Carolyn for trying to get in touch unfortunately I did not have your phone number or would have called you. So where were we?
614f6aeb.jpg

can anyone tell me where this old man of the mountain is and where I was parked?
Now all can be revealed to my everlasting shame I have become a tugger again. The thought of Frankie spending the rally in a tent was too much for me so we brought forward our idea to buy a caravan for use when family visit and maybe even rent it out on site, who knows.
ec66b54f.jpg

It is a fairly old 2 berth Lunar Clubman that should I hope provide Frankie with at least the basic facilities during her stay. Just have to work out how/if it all works now. Hee hee.

:Eeek::Eeek::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush: I am far far too much spoilt ..... Thank you very much Sue and Roger.... indeed!!!!

Affectueusement
Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We drove around in circles looking for a parking space big enough, those that were and had space were residents only parking, couldn't even use the Blue badge and park on yellow lines a loading/unloading was forbidden or road too narrow. Never mind another time I'll get some of these places put into tom tom.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back