Wildlife watching coat on eBay (1 Viewer)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hope Jim doesn't mind me posting this link. I have a Country Innovation jacket for sale on eBay if anyone is looking for a high quality waterproof jacket. Bought for my wife but she has hardly worn it. Also fits a bloke well, not sure what makes it a 'ladies' model.

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
No idea, I don't think it affects the performance and it is not noticeably 'waisted' as a ladies fitting might be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I would include a few more photographs and a more detailed description of its condition.

I suspect people might not bid unless you state some words to the effect that it is good condition, No cuts or tears and all zips/ buttons are operational etc.

Best of luck with the sale (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That looks left- over-right to me - doesn't that makes it men's?
Nope it's definitely right over left ... it's just the way he's laid it out for the photo with the 'over' flap 'under'! :D

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Looks like left over right to me with those press studs and stated as size large , normally if for a lady don't they have the dress type size on them .something like 12 or 14 etc. ??

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Nope it's definitely right over left ... it's just the way he's laid it out for the photo with the 'over' flap 'under'! :D
agreed
the storm flap makes it look the other way round

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
... Though why women's is r over l and men's l over r is beyond me!

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
... Though why women's is r over l and men's l over r is beyond me!

I was always led to believe it was to enable you to quickly get to your sword which would normally hang from your left waist - but who knows?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I agree with the sword explanation
its needed to fend of angry boyfriends when bird watching:whistle:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I was always led to believe it was to enable you to quickly get to your sword which would normally hang from your left waist - but who knows?
That explains the blokes (the same sort of reason you get on a horse from the left side - so your sword doesn't get in the way) but not why women's coats are different. ?????

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Isn't it something to do with Ladies had maids to dress them, so their buttoning is a mirror image :unsure:?
... but if wouldn't be ... as they'd both be female the buttoning would be the same ... however it you take OUT the mirror image comment you are correct it appears:

They usually had maids who helped them dress every day. That's why the buttonson women's shirts were placed on the left side: to make it easier for maids to buttonit (assuming that most people were right-handed). Men usually tended to dress themselves, hence their buttons were placed on the right side.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Come now @Minxy Girl you don't expect me to be an expert in dressing women :whistle:?
No ... but seeing as you like putting on women's clothes I thought you'd know ... or do you only wear stuff with zips and ties/straps ...

225px-Transvestite_in_latex_clothes.JPG

NB: Sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered responding so I didn't Google for images ... there are some that I will NEVER get out of my mind now!!!:Eeek:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Isn't it something to do with Ladies had maids to dress them, so their buttoning is a mirror image :unsure:?
So were the maids men then? :whistle::whistle::whistle:
... but if wouldn't be ... as they'd both be female the buttoning would be the same ... however it you take OUT the mirror image comment you are correct it appears:

They usually had maids who helped them dress every day. That's why the buttonson women's shirts were placed on the left side: to make it easier for maids to buttonit (assuming that most people were right-handed). Men usually tended to dress themselves, hence their buttons were placed on the right side.
Aha! now it starts to make sense, thank you MG (y)
And no that's not because they were incompetent at buttoning; at some periods of "fashion" they were so tightly laced into their corsets (heaving bosoms & all that - the WOMEN not YOU CHAPS :rolleyes:) that they could hardly breathe let alone move :(

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
So it was you Minxy that hacked into my computer and stole my pics. :devil:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So it was you Minxy that hacked into my computer and stole my pics. :devil:
You betcha ... are you gonna pay the ransom money now ... or do I have to post some more .... :sneaky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh post some more please
Nah, on second thoughts I'll let you off ... I'm already scarred for life from the ones I've seen so I don't really want to put any more on here for fear of freaking out funsters!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
No ... but seeing as you like putting on women's clothes I thought you'd know ... or do you only wear stuff with zips and ties/straps ...

225px-Transvestite_in_latex_clothes.JPG

NB: Sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered responding so I didn't Google for images ... there are some that I will NEVER get out of my mind now!!!:Eeek:
You really shouldn't have put your picture of here Mel you know how narrow-minded people can be .hahahaha.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You really shouldn't have put your picture of here Mel you know how narrow-minded people can be .hahahaha.
I didn't ... If I had they'd be swooning ... I'm more like this ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back