markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
There has been 3 uk registered PVCs parked on the roadside near Villasol in Benidorm for a week now, I'm wondering where they are disposing of their grey waste water and more scarily what they are doing with their black waste? One of them is a 63 plate autocruise that even has a silver screen on at night!

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
There is a manhole cover in the car parking attached to the park which is well used for waste disposal ,other wise they use the campsite facilities for disposal
Alan

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Bit rich using the campsite facilities for free!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
They may not be using them for free Mark.
Year before last we did a tour of the UK and after wilding a few nights called in to a camp site and offered the person on the desk a couple of quid if they would allow us to empty and refill..
No problem at all sir.. Offered up the £2 and the chap pushed forward a charity pot..
After that I asked at other places.. Some said no worries, some took the couple of quidlets

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have noticed the three vans mentioned, I certainly have not seen either of them using the waste disposal facilities at Villasol.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Can't quite understand the pleasure of parking on the side of a road for a week! There are a couple of French vans there now!

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I hav't noticed those particular vans outside Raco ,but often vans park on the road outside Raco for several days and use the facilities inc showers.Alan .
Where they are parked there is also a fresh water font just inside the park.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
They are just across from the entrance to villasol

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Yes Brisey, I think the guy at reception here at Villasol might challenge them if they wander in with their toilet cassette!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
there was the same last year with vans parked onlong the street next to villasol but then they got ticketed to move so they will only allow for a short period and rightly so imho

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I don't presume they would just wander in with a cassette it would be in a shopping trolley or a bag.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i know we all wild camp at some time of other but in the road at benidorm to me is a no no why pay all that cash for a van just to park it beside the bloody road

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I don't presume they would just wander in with a cassette it would be in a shopping trolley or a bag.
A couple of years ago I went round a number of shops in Portugal looking for a bag the right shape and size for a Thetford cassette with a shoulder strap.
I have had cause to use it occasionally.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A couple of years ago I went round a number of shops in Portugal looking for a bag the right shape and size for a Thetford cassette with a shoulder strap.
I have had cause to use it occasionally.

Might be handy Mike, but for goodness sake mate, stick to the cassette otherwise it will get VERY messy !! :xdoh::xrofl:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Can't quite understand the pleasure of parking on the side of a road for a week! There are a couple of French vans there now!
the answer is simple, they don't sit in their vans all day, they get out and about the same as the rest of you, possibly use facilities in the town whilst they are out. One does NOT have to pay to be on a site to enjoy being there. Being on a site would not be my choice but then I do like to move at least once every 2 days at the most.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
They sound like a bunch of free loaders to me...
I think the term more commonly used is "bunch of freeloading tossers"

I have been known to freeload myself occasionally.

Oh alright, quite frequently then

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
I was in Mallorca a couple of years ago, and as I was walking along the prom in a quiet area, a couple pulled up in their vw campervan and got out and walked right over into the see, no doubt for a free wash.
Boy was I jealous! Isn't that the attraction, being able to stop and stay wherever you want?

Steve n Jane

Free Member
Dec 1, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2006
wow! That has put the cat amongst the pigeons! Why is it that everyone thinks their way is the only way? I have free camped and have always been responsible, getting rid of waste (grey or black) either at camper stops that allow for a small fee or even garages that have given permission after offering a few euros. My rule is that I treat the local environment as I would like my home village treated, with respect. Personally we like to use our motorhome to explore and visit places that are out of the way, not to sit on a site for weeks on end, but as I said each to his/her own.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
In benidorm I prefer to be on Raco and have green mats down and day tent erected and all The chairs out as we usually stay from October until end of March.
This year we had decided to go to portugal but got off the boat at santander drove to Palencia that afternoon And after some thought we decided Benidorm suits us best so next day we were in benidorm .we will now sell camper when we get home and buy a caravan to leave down here.
I have just walked past the park and now there are 8 campers parked down there.
Alan

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
The point of my original post wasn't whether they are freeloading or not, but if they are pouring their crap into the rainwater drainage which from all the feedback they obviously are, the manhole referred to is for rainwater, not raw sewage, anyhow a call to the policia local will sort it

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Once you get down here from Águilas on down to Almeria they are everywhere along the coast. Around Vera playa they have ready made parking with all the unfinished urbs just back from beaches.
When my mate comes over in his MH & satays he normally gets me to drive all around down there in the car so he can work out where the best places to go are ! :xgrin:
I was in Mallorca a couple of years ago, and as I was walking along the prom in a quiet area, a couple pulled up in their vw campervan and got out and walked right over into the see, no doubt for a free wash.
Boy was I jealous! Isn't that the attraction, being able to stop and stay wherever you want?

You can't get any lather from soap with sea water.(n):)

Reactions: JJ
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
The point of my original post wasn't whether they are freeloading or not, but if they are pouring their crap into the rainwater drainage which from all the feedback they obviously are, the manhole referred to is for rainwater, not raw sewage, anyhow a call to the policia local will sort it

If you're so incensed with campers parking on the streets ,why don't you tell them instead of notifying police locale who I'm sure won't be the slightest bit interested . People have been parking down there since I've been coming here aprox 12 years, police will move them on after a short period and it saves you in my opinion being classed as a nark

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
dont see any point sitting on a camp site for three months using their showers and karzis whenyou have paid your hard earned dosh for your home on wheels with it all there , might as well sell it buy a car and use the money to stop in hotel for extended stays then you wouldnt have to worry what other people are up to just stopping by the side of the road minding their own buieiness .

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I love it when part time, holiday campsite motorhomers get all concerned about people who choose to live their lives differently and then worry about where they empty this or that.

Relax Plastics... worry about yourselves and don't get all concerned about stuff that is none of your business...

Some smug folk give other folk a bad name!

Happy New Year...

JJ :cool:

PS. If these folk are upsetting Mr UkBill they must be doing something right! :rofl:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
dont see any point sitting on a camp site for three months using their showers and karzis whenyou have paid your hard earned dosh for your home on wheels with it all there , might as well sell it buy a car and use the money to stop in hotel for extended stays then you wouldnt have to worry what other people are up to just stopping by the side of the road minding their own buieiness .

I have to agree with every thing you state ,I ve travelled around the Spanish coast free camping and have decided that Benidorm is the place for us and having pets Raco is the site that suits us. But because I choose to stay on sites nowadays it dos'nt give me the rights to criticise how other people chose to park in beni
Alan

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Motorhomers reporting other motorhomers to anyone may get us all a bad name at the end of the day.
There seems to be no evidence that these guys are doing anything wrong.
Wild camping at it's best me thinks. :coolest:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back