Wildies Birthday Bash- FREE rally (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have never in my life had a birthday party that was not restricted to immediate family. So being my retirement bash (whatever retirement means) I thought it may be the only opportunity I would get. I know North Devon is a long way for some of you but it is one of the most popular Holiday areas of Great Britain with good cause. There is just so much to see and do in the area so make a holiday of it come for a longer period and explore Devon. This is a fun meet not just my birthday bash I expect you to bring yourselves ready to have a good time and thats all. It may be the only meet I'll get to attend this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Roger we are over the water when your Birthday Bash is on but have a great time.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
To celebrate my retirement and thank all of the people that have come to the rallies I have marshalled and other friends I will be holding a FREE rally at the Lazy Buzzard campsite in Devon. EX34 8NY April 19-22nd room for 100 vans so don't be shy.
If you would like to attend please ad your name to the list (so I know how much wine to hide), hee hee.

Attendees:-

wildman and long suffering wife Sue.
Viennese & friend
Chesterfield hooligan
Yosser hughes
Loujess
Terry (with a bit of luck and a following wind)
Brightspark
Newly Retired (hopefully)
Scally (probably)
Nannyjan (maybe)
Tick59 (spiritually)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear :Sad: as our plans stand at the moment,we will be touring Northern Spain and pottering slowly back through France after the Marjal Meet.
Should things change we'd love to attend.have a good one Roger :thumb:

Mike.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
For me that's 300 miles, so a very expensive 600 mile round trip.:cry:
Sorry. but thank you for the kind offer hope you have a great bash :thumb::thumb:

Ian & Carole

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh dear :Sad: as our plans stand at the moment,we will be touring Northern Spain and pottering slowly back through France after the Marjal Meet.
Should things change we'd love to attend.have a good one Roger :thumb:

Mike.

We'll be back from Marjal around 1 April so by the 19th, we'll be ready to got off again. We'd love to see you there. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
There have been a number of people who have posted about the distance involved. If coming to a meet only then distance is a concideration, however we are motorhomers and one assumes that means touring, visiting points of interest along the way. Our annual trip is invariably 2000 miles with many around half of that. Plus the odd short haul. so I think maybe people are looking at distant meets from the wrong angle, after all look at how many are going to Marjal, or went to Italy last year, it is the trip, the travelling and sightseeing surely or maybe I have it all wrong.
There are enough people coming to make it an interesting meet so I really would not like anyone to feel pressured. Less wine to hide away, hee hee. Never mind. If its not fun its no use. We do have a large marquee to keep everyone dry and out of the wind, pool table and football table also available for entertainment.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
There have been a number of people who have posted about the distance involved. If coming to a meet only then distance is a concideration, however we are motorhomers and one assumes that means touring, visiting points of interest along the way. Our annual trip is invariably 2000 miles with many around half of that. Plus the odd short haul. so I think maybe people are looking at distant meets from the wrong angle, after all look at how many are going to Marjal, or went to Italy last year, it is the trip, the travelling and sightseeing surely or maybe I have it all wrong.
There are enough people coming to make it an interesting meet so I really would not like anyone to feel pressured. Less wine to hide away, hee hee. Never mind. If its not fun its no use. We do have a large marquee to keep everyone dry and out of the wind, pool table and football table also available for entertainment.

And for the men there's some strippers that rogers as interview ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
dont for get if you want to bring some one with you and dont have a north room in your van ROGER has a caravan they mite be able to rent :Cool::Cool:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I have never in my life had a birthday party that was not restricted to immediate family. So being my retirement bash (whatever retirement means) I thought it may be the only opportunity I would get. I know North Devon is a long way for some of you but it is one of the most popular Holiday areas of Great Britain with good cause. There is just so much to see and do in the area so make a holiday of it come for a longer period and explore Devon. This is a fun meet not just my birthday bash I expect you to bring yourselves ready to have a good time and thats all. It may be the only meet I'll get to attend this year.

Hi there, we have never met but I firmly believe that a retirement should be marked in style :ROFLMAO: so if the offer is still open to all , Cathryn and Malcolm would love to join you. It's a fair trip from North Yorkshire but I've plenty of time as I retired quite a while ago :thumb::thumb::thumb: and it is brilliant.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
So what

is the latest body count for Wildman's birthday??

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Hi Roger

Sorry Roger, we are off to Marjal in a few weeks and won't be returning to the UK until beginning of May. Enjoy your retirement - its great.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
To celebrate my retirement and thank all of the people that have come to the rallies I have marshalled and other friends I will be holding a FREE rally at the Lazy Buzzard campsite in Devon. EX34 8NY April 19-22nd room for 100 vans so don't be shy.
If you would like to attend please ad your name to the list (so I know how much wine to hide), hee hee.

wildman and Sue.
Viennese & friend
Chesterfield hooligan
Yosser hughes
Loujess
Brightspark
Sue21
Malcolm Bolt
plus a number of other maybe's, hey the weather is usually great at that time.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

wildman and Sue.
Viennese & friend
Chesterfield hooligan
Yosser hughes
Loujess
Brightspark
Sue21
Malcolm Bolt
Hdvrod

plus a number of other maybe's, hey the weather is usually great at that time.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
well as i've had an invite today from wildman, would love to put my name down, would be lovely to meet some new people, thank you. :thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Roger. I'm so sorry but can you please take Sandy and I off your list. It transpires that my brother-in-law is having a 70th birthday bash on the Black Isle in Scotland which is unavoidable. Strangely enough, we have received another 70th birthday invite for the same weekend, which, sadly, we can't attend either. :cry:

Ivy

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

wildman and Sue.
Viennese & friend
Chesterfield hooligan
Yosser hughes
Brightspark
Malcolm Bolt
Hdvrod
Dryad

plus a number of other maybe's, hey the weather is usually great at that time

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanx for the invite Roger to your Birthday Bash but unfortunately we are unable to attend, wishing you early greetings and hope you have a great time :thumb::thumb:

John n Kath

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
The Bash

Wildman thanks for the kind invite to the bash.I will not bore you with the details of my ongoing health problems which prevent us from making any longterm plans but all being well as we get closer to the date,if there is still space we would love to meet you and other Funsters.:thumb:Stay safe

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As work at the smallholding is at a minimum at this time of the year (April that is) We have thought about our annual trip. so if anyone fancies 3 weeks animal sitting following on from the birthday bash please get in touch actual date is flexible for a week or three.. Please note there is NO EHU, no animals to feed apart from the 2 dogs who will also need walking daily. Horses and cows to be kept an eye on. Greenhouse plants to be kept watered and thats it. Explore the wonderful devon countryside the rest of the time or sit and contemplate the meaning of life. In the event of campers arriving you are welcome to the income.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back