LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have we not wandered somewhat off course here. Where are all the nice wilding pics, instead of those horrible speed limit signs.
Then again speed limits do not affect old Mercedes owners ::bigsmile:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
But he also pointed out that none of the drivers protesting about the fines had denied they were exceeding the village’s 30mph speed limit. "

Probably being pedantic - but surely if the signage (amongst other things) was wrong/illegal - then the village didn't have a 30mph limit?

Also:
I read that the fines had been repaid - but surely the council should also be liable for the extra on insurance premiums these drivers had to pay as a result of have points...
What compensation might be due to a driver being banned under the totting up procedure then losing his job, his house, his wife & family... no longer being able to afford the family pet :cry:...

Equally, some fair & warm hearted people involved too - 127 donated their refund to charity, and 121 refused the refund... :thumb:.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Probably being pedantic - but surely if the signage (amongst other things) was wrong/illegal - then the village didn't have a 30mph limit?

This whole speed thing was only bought up to show that council signs are not always correct. Everyone makes mistakes, it's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Back to the OP.

Wild camping, therefore if someone uninvited decided to park on your front drive, those who don't oppose wild camping would have no issues.

If that's the case, please publish your addresses on here an I will arrange to have them published on a Wild Camping site..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Back to the OP.

Wild camping, therefore if someone uninvited decided to park on your front drive, those who don't oppose wild camping would have no issues.

If that's the case, please publish your addresses on here an I will arrange to have them published on a Wild Camping site..

What have peoples drives got to do with wild camping:Doh:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Don't worry OP...

It's only ShiftZZ being silly.

JJ :Cool:

What have peoples drives got to do with wild camping:Doh:

Silly JJ, how so... And I resent that.:Angry: Rule 1

It';s not silly at all. Wild camping usually is camping without the consent of the owner, either on a car park, basically on private ground to which you may not have permission to do so. That's no different from parking on someones front drive without their consent.

If you park with their consent then you are within the law.

If there is a difference, then point it out between wild camping on ground to which you don't have consent and parking on your drive then lets hear it..

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Silly JJ, how so... And I resent that.:Angry: Rule 1

It';s not silly at all. Wild camping usually is camping without the consent of the owner, either on a car park, basically on private ground to which you may not have permission to do so. That's no different from parking on someones front drive without their consent.

[HI]If you park with their consent then you are within the law.[/HI]

If there is a difference, then point it out between wild camping on ground to which you don't have consent and parking on your drive then lets hear it..

Precisely, :RollEyes:

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
one of main aspects of wild / free camping is 'you shut up about it.'
Tell others and it ain't wild anymore.
I travel alone, on back roads mainly, & have respectfully wild / free camped 4yrs now.
It's not for everyone but it's still there & I enjoy.
Only bit of mischief/crime I've experienced was on a campsite in the UK just after I started. How sad is that.
Always respect others, smile a lot & enjoy. S'not let me down so far.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If saying Wildcamping has anything to do with parking on someone driveway is not "silly" then I don't know what is...

Also some people bandy about the phrase "most people" with nothing but their opinion to go on...

Most people this, most people that...

Yeah right... according to whom?

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i got it wrong i thought wild camping was stopping in places like this.
didnt realize stopping on someones drive was wild camping .
must have been doing it wrong .ha ha .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 261.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 261.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 040.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 040.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 16

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We don't go round looking for places to wild camp as we have no objection whatever to staying at official places, and many of them you can actually PLAN to visit because you know where they are upfront. And while we are at this place, look there's a castle, museum, cave, shopping centre, speedway track, fell walk, cycle ride, beach, forest - whatever it is that floats your particular boat at that particular time.

We have only done it once - an aire turned out to only be MoHo parking during the day and the sign said it was illegal to stay after X 0'clock. We drove round for ages looking for somewhere a bit official that it might be OK, but after not finding anywhere we did wild it on the entrance way to a bridle path, there was plenty of room for things with bridles etc to get past. We spent a quiet night in solitude and then cleared up some of the rubbish other folk had left (remains of numerous different picnics by the looks of it, we can't bear to see crisp bags and sandwich wrappers etc left lying round in the countryside and we put them in the LARGE BIN provided by the local council, not 3 feet away!) and then left.

This by the way was in Finistere. We're not in ANY rush to go back. We didn't have any probs finding nice enough places elsewhere in Brittany so we would go again, just not that place.

No, give me a nice tidy aire please.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I will continue to free camp wild camp and support the local commutates usually where ever is stop by buying my bread in the morning milk in the morning eggs fags.
and watt ever I need at that time I don't know watt the thread is abut any more obviously got fed up with ridiculing the unemployed and benefit scroungers
we go free camping wild camping and levee no trace when we leave as responsible motor homers do:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back