'wildcamping'' (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's not something I would do personally. I want to be in a vehicle that I can drive away in within a minute or so and not get out of it to do so..

Just my opinion though.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have to say that i dont think thats valid .if i wanted to stop someone driving off you wouldnt be able to. drive a car right up front or rear etc . think its not really valid . have wild camped for years never had to drive off ever. i find it gives a great freedom than a large motor home and can work out cheaper than a small m,home . cheap ferries as a car and caravan. no need for a toad. so cheaper tax ,ins .mot. big fuel tanks ,water tanks etc plus a good payload allows for less frequent shopping trips . and you can carry toys to play with . boats bikes etc. strangely enough the majority havent worked it out yet . but a few of us are leading the way. had mine 12 yrs now .best move i ever did. got the trailer how i want it .changed the truck to a better vehicle . ideal .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I would not be able to stay in the places I do in a vehicle much larger than mine simply because it wouldn't fit...

Of course you can off site park with a 5ver... but not in as many places as a smaller, live in vehicle...

I found this paradise (for me) spot yesterday on the side of an huge but accessible lake... I am always really excited when I discover such places... no other motorhome here, unlike many other lakeside parking places in Portugal and I guess it might be because many front wheel drive and larger vans would be frightened off by the access...

JJ :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i can agree with jj on that one
. there are places round here that most m,homes cant get to . a vw t2 or early toyota hi ace . even the bongo can .a sherpa pilot but not the convoy .the vito can.
its a well known local snorkelling place. you can have tents on the beach . in summer we take trailer loads of timber down ready for a weekend bonfire .
you get about 13 vans on the edge of the beach. several more in a field . but only the small narrow vans get there. my mazda bongo and teardrop easy.
. there is always these places in every country .but every thing as its limitations.
i have known there to be three bonfires on the beach and about 50 people there
. starts on friday afternoon and goes on till sunday late afternoon . you have to get there early or you miss out.
cant tell you where its a secret. one of the last in cornwall.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back