Wildcamping....still dont get it (1 Viewer)

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
no snobs here

One thing I forgot to say before, we have nothing against organised sites, not at all! The club site at the top of our street (where we store Elvis) is beautiful; a little Cornish oasis, in SE London, am still amazed by it and without it, we would have nowhere safe and cosy to store our pride & joy :thumb: but they just don't suit our lifestyle just now.

My parents, for e.g., never stay anywhere other than club sites with all mod-cons in their big posh MH and I am pleased coz I know they will be safe and sound :Smile:

I think there should be room for both methods and no snobbery, just respect for eachothers choices please ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I think there should be room for both methods and no snobbery, just respect for eachothers choices please ::bigsmile:

Absolutely agree, I have no problem with anyone doing anything they want as long as is doesnt effect me or mine. I just dont get it "personally"

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
[FONT=&quot]OK I do admit that I didn't buy a motorhome to be doing the same thing as a caravaner.
[/FONT]
I’m a caravaner, :winky:I have a very nice new caravan hooked onto my brand new Rang Rover Sport. I’m not one for organised sites I much prefer doing my own thing, stopping where I fancy. If I see somewhere that looks idyllic I just park up and get the kettle out maybe stay a night or two. Now that is what you call freedom. Friend of mine has a Fifth Wheeler:Cool: he also likes to wild camp so we often go away together:hug:.
Is there a difference?::bigsmile:riving2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there is no differance . i use the 5er /truck or a mazda bongo and roof tent or pull a tear drop caravan. only the rooftent makes it harder to find a place. there is plenty of room in the world for all of us. i say sometimes the busyier the place the easier to find somewhere to stop .london was ideal park just about anywhere. now with congestion charge no go area. it might not be wild camping but even the fox as taken to urban wildlife these days. its about choice. lets not take choice away from anybody.
cheers alan.

n8rbos

Free Member
Nov 24, 2009
Funster No
wilding is about freedom in this country of 'big brother'. i know peeps who own campers/tents /caravans etc that go to the same place year in/out and then store up for the rest of the time????????

wildin' to me lets me get out as much as i want for little cost,into areas i wouldn't see from a campsite. i also have the advantage that i built my own conversion and run 98% on waste veg oil, so my total expenditure on getting away could be nil,however, i choose to eat out locally where i'm staying and buy locally too (usually gifts) i also clean up others mess (by the looks of it ,car owners) if say going somewhere like llandudno where you can't park up overnight, i would go out of town ,sleep in a layby and then return next day,quite possibly buying a breakfast and a newspaper! thats not tight.:winky:as for using something that i've not contributed to, i can only agree with others on here about road tax and council tax etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back