Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
Last time we visited Blackpool, parked overnight on prom just South of pleasure beach, no problem,:thumb: Muffy ( our Persian cat ) was fascinated with the horses passing, probably never seen a horse before :Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi DD,also parked south of the pleasure beech,no problem.We have also stayed at a site about 3 streets back from the front oposite the pier (by p/b) which is a working mens club but cannot remember the name,it was a nice site at about £15 per night but only 5 mis from sea front off hampton rd,in fact it may be called that :Eeek::ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Mate.

Im a Sandgrownian (as they call us Blackpool folks!!!) You can park across from the Pleasure Beach but its very busy with traffic. I see a lot of motorhomes parked at the opposite end of town near Cleveleys (its packed at the moment because of the ferry stuck on the beach!!!) :thumb:

There are a lot of caravan parks in and around Blackpool but to be totally honest with you I wouldnt even think about wildcamping anywhere near the Promenade unless you want to spend the night looking out of your window for the next idiot banging on the side of your van as they stagger past. :Eeek:

The nearest site I can think of with hookups etc and open this time of year is just off the Yeadon Way next to the Yeadon Way Pub and petrol station. I think you access it from Lytham Road, its at the back of a working mens club but is always busy and open all year. Its also only a stones throw from the Promenade and the Pleasure Beach. Ill try and find you a phone number next time I pass it and post it on here.

If your interested in the Pleasure Beach Id wait till March when they do their "March Madness" offer of a wristband for £15.00 (at least thats what it was last year!!:Doh:) and the Tower is open then as well at weekends.

Dont forget the latest tourist attraction laying on the beach at a nice 60 degree list, should be there for at least another month before they manage to get it floating again....Lived here all my life and never seen anything like it before!!:whatthe:

Oh and dont forget we are only an hour away from the Lake District (I should get a job with the tourist board!!!:ROFLMAO:)

P

paulejw

Deleted User
Blackpool

Has anyone done it or know any cheap sites nearby?
Any advice welcome!

Hi try Http://www.motorhomelist.co.uk the web-site allows you to add paid and free stop overs. Maybe you know of some in your area, once there is a large list it will be put on the web-site.

You can also add any motorhome faults you have come across.

Best Regards

Paul

P

paulejw

Deleted User
Motorhome Parking

Try Link Removed

ww.motorhomelist.co.uk are compiling a list of paid and free overnight parking. Its going to be made available soon but if its not yet try adding some that you may know. The more motorhome parking available the better. Camp sites are good but not always available or full.

You can add your motorhome faults and solutions and a list is also being compiled.

I started the site when I realised that motorhomers need good parking and needed to understand their motorhomes so I also started the fault finding list. Its been great to see that people help with their spare time to help compile each list.

We however need more people to help become parking partners in their area please please help if you have GPS like Tom Tom etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Digger Driver

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks guys!
I had a naughty weekend in Hampton Rd site last weekend but because i'm working down here i ship out early in the morning so the south of the pleasure beach sounds good!
At the moment i am in a car park by the beach at Cleavleys but it has restrictions!
I will try the prom tomorrow!
And yes i did visit the big boat!
I am working on the tramway so can see it all day!
I took some nice pics and will post them when i get them developed!
Thanks again guys!:thumb:

PS: Anyone passing during the day will see my old bus parked on the cycle path!
I'll be the ugly one driving a Caterpillar!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Digger Driver

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just an update guys!
I tried south of the pleasure beach but there are overnight restrictions on it now!
I carried on down a little further to the promenade at Lytham St Annes!
There is a fantastic spot on the south of the prom just opposite the King Edward V11 school and a playing field!
The parking there was un-restricted and a few motorhomes joined me once i had stopped!
You are right next to the sand dunes so its a great place if you have dogs!
Just open the door and let them go!
There are a few car parks along the prom too that looked ok but i didn't check them out so i'm not sure!
Hope this helps out anyone who plans to visit in future!:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are a few car parks along the prom too that looked ok but i didn't check them out so i'm not sure!

Be careful not to park overnight in car parks owned by Fylde Council.

Lats year the council banned all motorhome parking in their car parks because of people illegally overnighting. After representations from a number of people they allowed daytime parking again but have said that they will review the matter if the rules are abused again.

So, anyone overnighting in a motorhome in a Fylde Council car park risks both being fined for doing so and being the cause of all motorhome parking being banned.

Graham

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
greenacres

Greenacres C S Site
Bambers Lane North
Marton Moss
Blackpool
Lancashire
FY4 5QQ
Stopped in between Christmas and New Year last year, stayed 2 days and went back for a third. Small site with hardstanding, basic but ok for us. Brenda and son Keith were charming hosts and price of £5 per night plus £2 for electric was good. Definitely worth a visit if your in the Fylde coast area.Roundabout at start of Yeadon Way turn left to next roundabout turn right and the first left.Only a small site at rear of house so no good for a large unit.
Rob

M

mushroom-eater

Deleted User
I never thought of camping like this. I only trek for this time like backpacking climbing mountains. I wonder how is it like camping by on the road. May be this summer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back