Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I am toying with an idea ( treat it gently, it's in a strange place ) but I need to build up a picture first of what is happening.

So...... For those of you who wildcamp for more than just the odd couple of days.......

Where do you empty your black waste ?

Are there known disposal points ( like some river locks )

Do you spend one night a week on a campsite ( and annoy the owner by dumping one weeks worth in his pit )

What do YOU do ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In a European, I would carry the cassette into public loos for emptying, never had a problem, some funny looks, but then I am used to them. In the RV we rarely wild camp anywhere long enough to fill the 70 gallon black waste tank. But on the odd occasion, in an emergency, its easy to dump a little in a container to dispose of it in a toilet just like a European.

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
have to admit i hadn't thought of that. To obvious. Is that what everyone does ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Yep - public toilets though most 5 days+ trips tend to be in France where we use aires. Avoiding campsites has become an unhealthy obsession; not stayed on one since 2004.
Not sure what you mean by a river lock, the lock itself or an elsan point? I would never empty the toilet into a water course, sea or open drain whatever the circumstances.

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Not sure what you mean by a river lock, the lock itself or an elsan point? I would never empty the toilet into a water course, sea or open drain whatever the circumstances.

:roflmto:
No not the lock itself.

Some of the locks on the Thames have disposal points for the boats.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
There is a certain number of CCC sites that allow you to use the "Facilities" - for a price. You can use the site facilities for 3 hours, so I suppose you could do your laundry :Smile:

Link Removed

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have never emptied in to a toilet EVER... But then I have never wild camped in the UK, but on the continent, EI France, Germany, Spain, Tenerife and Spain, I use the Aires or a sewage manhole. Clean, neat and no nasty accidents.

With I little though t its possible to make a 17 ltr cassette last for 8 days or more before the need to empty it. I wonder if you can guess how?

Doug...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
empty cassette in public loos, fil with water from the same building (fresh water tap of course), use public waste paper bin and NEVER stay in the same place 2 nights running, (helps keep the batteries charged) after all you are touring.:thumb:

Last edited:

Frank772

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
none yet
Exp
none
With I little though t its possible to make a 17 ltr cassette last for 8 days or more before the need to empty it. I wonder if you can guess how?

Doug...[/QUOTE]

Crossing you legs ?
:roflmto:

Jan & Simonne

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
the Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 514SL
We never go on a campsite, we only do "wildcamping".
We are "Europeans" (what does that make you?:ROFLMAO:), but we never empty our cassette in a public toilet, some people may do that, but it is considered an bit, well, strange...
There are plenty of aires, where one can empty his cassette.
There are also plenty of lists where to find such an aire.
As for us, we have two cassettes, so we never have a problem.
We are always in the vicinity of a "sani station" as we call it.
Hope this is helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back