LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I have been browsing the internet and looking at PVCs (again) and was looking at the WildAx Aurora Leisure XL, although it could be any of the 4 Aurora variants and was curious about that bed at the front.

Its described as a "large single bed at the front" with the foot of the bed resting on the driver's seat which is then smaller than the head/middle of the bed. I haven't seen it made up in any of the photos I can find and want to find out how comfortable the bed is and how much of a difference in the cushions with lumps and bumps going from the middle onto the driver's seat.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've got the Aurora but can't be helpful about the third bed, as I've never used it.

My instinct is that it would be fine for a not too tall person, the bulk <?> of the body & head being supported by the pulled down reclined seat which is really quite wide, even as a single. It would only be feet on the drivers seat where the narrower squab wouldn't be significant.

As for lumps & bumps <!> I suspect that's down to personal taste... some use memory foam mattress toppers on the main bed - I find it comfortable/soft enough without.

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Most people will never use it, everyone just buys as a 2berth and use rear bed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I once reviewed the Aurora for a Motorhome magazine article and actually spent a night on the front bed. To my surprise I found it quite comfortable but have to admit to being only 5’ 5” tall and well padded!!!

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
As coincidence would have it - someone on the FB Wildax group has asked the very same question, and a couple of photos have now been posted.
If it wasn't you o_O, I'm happy to pm you copies [I'd rather not post them on the thread as I don't have permission to do so from the guy who took them]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
As coincidence would have it - someone on the FB Wildax group has asked the very same question, and a couple of photos have now been posted.
If it wasn't you o_O, I'm happy to pm you copies [I'd rather not post them on the thread as I don't have permission to do so from the guy who took them]
Ah yes, that would be me who posted that question (the clue would be in the name - not too many Mindy's around I think ;) ) and saw the pictures as well, but having looked at more posts there I've realised that it may be possible to have a mod done which would increase the gap slightly between the 3rd seat and the drivers seat.

Mark is 5ft 11in and I'm 6ft so a 6ft bed might be just a bit short for either of us as we don't tend to sleep with our heads right up against our headboard which would be the situation in the front bed of the Aurora.

We're going to have a look at it at the NEC at the end of February, and then hire for a few days to really get the feel of it and as we won't be taking the dogs it gives us both the opportunity to sleep on that bed overnight, and then we can chat with WildAx to find out what the options are.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Most people will never use it, everyone just buys as a 2berth and use rear bed.
That wouldn't work for us, we specifically can't use a transverse bed for both of us, and it would make our lives easier if we had at least 1 double bed plus another one which isn't too narrow in width.

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Mark and Mindy
Most common sense - go see, then hire.
Just an additional comment about that 3rd bed width... as standard it's classified as a single seat, one belt. But there is an option to have it as a twin seat... it does mean it sticks out in the gangway a little but it does meant that 3rd bed would be a little wider.
That FB photo was the first time I'd seen it suggested to turn the driver's seat sideways for a longer length (y). I would imagine with a judicious tweaking of the tilt mechanism the seat could be made flatter.

Of course - if you're going with the XL, then twin singles might be an option in the rear lounge. It is one of the strengths of WildAx, they can alter the cabinetry to suit.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Our Murvi Morocco has a very long bed, I can't remember how long but it would take folk well over six foot. It can be arranged as a double or two singles. Might be worth looking at.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Our Murvi Morocco has a very long bed, I can't remember how long but it would take folk well over six foot. It can be arranged as a double or two singles. Might be worth looking at.
I had a look at that one, but you can't access the rear doors which is something we'd like to be able to do.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can get in and out through one of the rear doors in the loo, but it's not something I've done very often.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
You can get in and out through one of the rear doors in the loo, but it's not something I've done very often.
I saw that, but as it comes out into the garage then it would be awkward to use if we had to keep unloading everything.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Another suggestion would be the East Neuk Touring L. My brother has one and it is very well designed and very well put together. Of course he does live in Scotland!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I did see those ones, they won't be at the NEC but we're going to the Peterborough show which they'll be at... can you tell that I've got "vanitis"?

Mark's stopped asking me how I'm doing on my search and he gets this glazed eye panicky look whenever I try to share my thoughts ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
Hi Mindy,
If you are seriously looking at Wildax then I would suggest you see if there are any available to view at one of the few dealers they have around the country as soon as you can.As it is only a small factory their bespoke order books get full very quickly particularly at NEC show time.
I ordered mine in August 2016 for delivery March 2017 and it finally arrived June 2017.They will do adjustments to the build to sort your needs to a certain extent.They use Regal Furnishing for their upholstery work and you can visit their factory to choose material/colours if you wish.Regal exhibit at the NEC too.
I don’t know whereabouts you live,clicking on the Funster Map puts you somewhere near Accra !? If you are not far from the Midlands then
www.nickwhalemotorhomes.co.uk in Evesham have an informative website and quite a few Aurora vans already on order.
Helen

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Accra? The only Accra I can find is in Ghana, definitely not in Ghana, we're in Berkshire so we're not that far from Southern Motorhomes, however we aren't in a position to place an order as we're waiting for the funds to arrive (and we don't know exactly how much we'll have to spend either!). I think we're going to have to wait it out for a bit longer, as we may not know anything until June so putting in order might not be a good idea.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back