Wild with Consent (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Damn... I scanned the legals and it doesn't mention people or vehicles at all.
In all seriousness though, if the farmer has had his money and this place is in the wilds , is anyone going to check?

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Damn... I scanned the legals and it doesn't mention people or vehicles at all.

I’m worried about litter, how can you prevent visitors leaving waste?

Visitors are bound by our Leave Only Footprints Code of Conduct which requires them to take all litter away and leave no trace of their visit. Wild With Consent sites are only available for one campervan per night, reducing the amount of waste created.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
From their about me page;
"We’ve travelled all over the place in our trusty Iveco campervan – lovingly known as ‘Tubs’. Scotland is a favourite spot of ours, partly because of the beautiful scenery, but also because of the ‘right to roam’ rules, which mean that you can park pretty much wherever you like."

"South of the Border though, it’s a different story. It’s effectively illegal to park anywhere other than a campsite, "
I think you have the right to roam and wild camping in Scotland mixed up, Right to roam permits you to enter land and cross it, Wild camping which is what you are doing is only permitted for Tents or bivis not motor vehicles, the fact is that Scotland do not normally enforce the Wild camping rules but since 2020 more and more land owners are getting upset with M/v wild campers and stopping them because of the dumping waste issues. I hope you don’t come across any agreaved land owners. You may need to consider using one of the Aires that are being opened.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp

I’m worried about litter, how can you prevent visitors leaving waste?

Visitors are bound by our Leave Only Footprints Code of Conduct which requires them to take all litter away and leave no trace of their visit. Wild With Consent sites are only available for one campervan per night, reducing the amount of waste created.

Yes, there's some stuff in the Hosts FAQs. But as a user, does that apply to me? The T&Cs, which is the legal bit you sign up to, don't seem to mention it at all.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I think you have the right to roam and wild camping in Scotland mixed up, Right to roam permits you to enter land and cross it, Wild camping which is what you are doing is only permitted for Tents or bivis not motor vehicles, the fact is that Scotland do not normally enforce the Wild camping rules but since 2020 more and more land owners are getting upset with M/v wild campers and stopping them because of the dumping waste issues. I hope you don’t come across any agreaved land owners. You may need to consider using one of the Aires that are being opened.
That's from their website, nowt to do with me. ;)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Don't want to keep on, as folks can spend their money where they like, but if this was set up properly at say between £10 and £15 pounds, which is what your average park in a field is, or even small CLS , they would be sold out.
would you prefer to raise one cow and make £100 or raise ten cows to make £100

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Fed up of getting shot down on this, so you all get on with it if you want but just as a small excerise put wild camping in Google and see what comes up.
Loads of similar websites but with sensible prices and advice.
BUT no mention of this one :unsure:

Nov 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil integra
Exp
New
They appear to be relying on this provision of the 1960 Act alongside the 2015 permitted development order which means only one unit can stay for two nights max. And they can only have stays for 28 days a year. I guess this is why you can’t select more than two nights when trying to enquire about availability. An extremely niche (bordering on non-existent) market, I imagine...

Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960:

Use by a person travelling with a caravan for one or two nights

Subject to the provisions of paragraph 13 of this Schedule, a site licence shall not be required for the use of land as a caravan site by a person travelling with a caravan who brings the caravan on to the land for a period which includes not more than two nights—
(a) if during that period no other caravan is stationed for the purposes of human habitation on that land or any adjoining land in the same occupation, and
(b) if, in the period of twelve months ending with the day on which the caravan is brought on to the land, the number of days on which a caravan was stationed anywhere on that land or the said adjoining land for the purposes of human habitation did not exceed twenty-eight.

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Wild camping? Wild about the price of camping more like.

D

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It costs the farmer/landowner nothing whether a piece of land is occupied or not and as long as there are mugs willing to pay £50/£100 per night there's no incentive to drastically reduce their prices

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Oddly I haven't had any enquiries never mind bookings for my mates tranquil farm in Suffolk, at as little as £100 a night I thought my inbox would have been overwhelmed.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It costs the farmer/landowner nothing whether a piece of land is occupied or not and as long as there are mugs willing to pay £50/£100 per night there's no incentive to drastically reduce their prices

However, I'm not actually sure these mugs exist. You might get an occasional taker at £30 (and you're only allowed 28 per year).

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Is this a scam? The website organisers will probably go round trying the sites for free as testers and then the sites will fall off over time as the land owners realise no one will pay the prices, in the mean time the organisers have had free jollies

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is this a scam? The website organisers will probably go round trying the sites for free as testers and then the sites will fall off over time as the land owners realise no one will pay the prices, in the mean time the organisers have had free jollies
I suggested this at the beginning but was told I couldn't say such things :doh: :unsure:
But there is obviously more to this than meets the eye.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back