Wild camping st Andrews Scotland (1 Viewer)

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Hi all
Just arrived in st Andrews does anybody no were their is any wild camping near to the town centre, thanks for any help

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Found this Geo on google dont know if any good to you

sure, plenty of places to stay, may say "no over night parking "but 1/2 nights o.k. i stay in the area but enjoy the odd night out on the west sands. i tend to go quite far out for the sea view but if its windy there is plenty of shelter on the opposite side of the road. toilets and water not available this time of year but after easter there is. in winter there is no charge but approx. one £ in the summer between 9 and 5ish. havent stayed at east sands a bit of a slope in the parking area. there is a well situated leisure centre that has good parking but i'm not sure if you can stay overnight but its handy for toilets/ washing etc.
i have stayed in the town its self near the castle and no problems, just very noisey sea gulls/and the odd drunken student.
Kate

and this mate

Firstly, we decided to head for the East Coast, St Andrews. Charlie was in his element as there was a Golf Tournament on, the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. So we walked around with a couple of the players for a few holes, what a great day. If the Golf had not been on then what a great place to park up for the night right beside the beach. Go through St Andrews town and head for the R & A (Royal and Ancient), just behind it in Golf Place and head for West Sands Beach. There you will find 2 miles of sand and dunes and lots of places to park up for the night, right on the beach.

Then we headed to Pitlochry and looked for a campsite close to town, but then came across a car park right in the middle of the town, beside the tourist information centre. Yes, a FREE car park from 6pm - 8am with caravan and campervan parking at the back, away from the road. Excellent! park up for the night, head for a restaurant and pub and if Charlie was very lucky, he could catch a football match on TV.

What a joy when we came across McKays on the main Atholl Road. We had landed in Pitlochry on a Thursday night and it was Scottish Night. We were spoiled for choice, firstly there was a Scottish quiz, a singer/guitar player in a kilt, a highland dancer, great Scottish Cuisine and low and behold through the back, was a large projector screen, yes you guessed it, showing the footie. We were both very happy for the night and what a great night it was, then just a short stroll down the road to our Motorhome. Next morning we took the dogs for a walk and passed quality butcher and picked up everything we needed for breakfast and dinner for our next night.

In the heart of Scotland with real hospitality, clear sparkling air, beautiful scenery, rich clan history, fine food, plenty of space and lots to see and do. Pitlochry is primarily a holiday destination, which caters for the holiday maker year round in its own special way. The people are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful as it has been a tourist destination for well over 150 years, counting Queen Victoria amongst its earlier visitors.
Pitlochry is set in spectacular scenery and is ideally located for touring Highland Perthshireor further afield with Edinburgh 75 minutes to the south, St Andrews 90 minutes to the south east, Loch Ness 95 minutes to the north and Braemar and Royal Deeside 90 minutes to the north east.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure whether you are allowed to park overnight but the best place we found to park in St Andrews is between the golf course and the sea. Go down Golf Place (it runs between the golf course and the aquarium) and follow the road round - eventually there are a lot of grassy areas either side, and it is still walking distance back into town.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Thanks, Carl, for your tribute to Pitlochry - it's not next door, but just shows why we're in Glen Haggis!!

St Andrews is a great place, but don't get me going on golf - it's a good walk ruined...

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have stayed down the road between the course and sea if you go as far along as you can then you wont be bothered you can also head for the swimming pool at other end of town has a car park there as long as you dont have a massive rv you will be fine.

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi we have stayed down the road between the course and sea if you go as far along as you can then you wont be bothered you can also head for the swimming pool at other end of town has a car park there as long as you dont have a massive rv you will be fine.
If it were me and there was a swimming pool I would be inclined to ask the manager if there's not a barrier should be ok

good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back