Wild Camping/ Pub Stopover Near Bangor (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hi folks any suggestions of where we could stop over en route to hollyhead?

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Bump, going tomorrow oops a bit last minute as change of original plan.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We couldn't find anywhere suitable near Bangor. There is a britstop but when I went to check it out in the car the access was poor and definitely not practical for our MH (9m).

Morrisons car park at Holyhead was suggested to us but we booked in a cl nearby in the end. It's the second time we have stayed at the cl and both times We just booked it a few hours before we got there. 10 mins to the port so easy journey in the morning.

Kath

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Thanks Kath, have used the cl at Holyhead before, but the van is kept in storage and we can't get it out early enough to get to the ferry for a 2pmish sailing. There are a couple of campsites on route, was hoping for a nice meal for our first night :)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Where are you heading to in Ireland?
Kath

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi,
There was a post on here recently about a truck stop just before Holyhead that allows motor homes to overnight. Can't remember who posted it though. Might be worth a look.
Glenn.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
If your ferry isn't until 2 pm I would suggest The Holly Bush Inn which is on the A49 near Northwich. It's just a few mins off the M56 junction 10 and you can get from there to Holyhead easily in about 90 minutes. Great food and very big car park. Owner happy for mh's to stay. Post code is CW8 4 QY

Kath

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
The Four Crosses pub Menai Bridge free to overnight just off the A55 huge car park good food but you will be expected to have a meal or drinks.

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Where are you heading to in Ireland?
Kath
Just a short trip, landing at dublin then clockwise down to ring of Kerry back up other side and a few days in border country. We both had an Irish granparent, John knows where his family came fro, Greenore, my gran is a right mystery, but think I have found her on an old census, so am going to investigate the area on the Roscommon/Sligo border

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We are in Waterville in the Ring of Kerry and off to Galway tomorrow and ferry back next week. Be prepared for very windy and wet weather at present.

Safe travels and wave if you see us!

Kath

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
The Four Crosses pub Menai Bridge free to overnight just off the A55 huge car park good food but you will be expected to have a meal or drinks.
Looks like it will suit the purpose to a T, like having a meal and/or a nice drink before we set off on the ferry

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
We are in Waterville in the Ring of Kerry and off to Galway tomorrow and ferry back next week. Be prepared for very windy and wet weather at present.

Safe travels and wave if you see us!

Kath

Hope weather improves for you. Was wet and blowing a gale here yesterday, not a lot better today. will look out for you what van do you have>

Packed clothes in van yesterday, think cossie might be superfluous, will go and look out my waterproof trousers :).
This is a trip I have been meaning to make for a long time.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Absolutely howling gale here at the moment but it is sunny!

We have a Neisman Bischof Flair

Kath
image.jpg

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Lovely van, would be nice to meet up, but my well be ships that pass in the night.

Jan 22, 2012
Denbighshire, N.Wales
Funster No
MH
Avondale Seascape
Exp
Since 2004
The carpark on Bangor pier is overnight friendly. ÂŁ1 coin opens barrier, no time restrictions, the car park is secure and covered by CCTV. We have stayed on numerous occasions before going on to Anglesey. Good pub with bar type meals within 50M also lovely little Italian restaurant actually within the car park. Good walks along the pier but it is currently under renovation.There are toilets at the end of the pier and also next to the carpark if they have not yet been closed due to council cuts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back