Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
For some time now, we've been using the NOMADGB site for wild camping spots and it's been very good although I must admit that it does hold some spots that we wouldn't dream of using!
It's recently become unusable as I believe that Google maps has gone pay only and the guy that set up NOMAD GB hasn't been heard of for years so, no credit card, no maps!
Great, all that hard work going to waste so, my question is...........
Is there any way of pulling the info off the site and putting it into a database of our own? I know there's prolly something like ownership rights and plagerism (?) but as the creator hasn't been heard of for years................... ?
If you go onto the site, you can still see the POI's with basic GPS co-ords but every time I try to put the co-ords into Google maps in a separate window, it plonks me down in the ocean!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have you been on this link ?

http://www.nomadgb.co.uk/#/?address=london United Kingdom&radius=200000000000000000

it still works and you can search the map

but it looks like the NOMAD website is no more

nomadgb.co.uk/sendmessage.php (port 80)

404 Not Found
Please forward this error screen to www.nomadgb.co.uk's WebMaster.

The server can not find the requested page:

Twitter, last post was 5 years ago .. https://twitter.com/nomadgb?lang=en-gb

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
That's the one I'm talking about.
Yes, you can zoom in but now that Google maps have spat their dummy out, you can't satellite view or street view.
At the moment, the only way to use the data is to find a spot on the limited website mapping and then try and find it on Google maps proper.............which is perfectly do-able but a right pain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@zaskar...You will find searchforsites is the preferred one for UK and Park4night for europe. There is also an app called campercontact that is useful too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back