Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
Near Chorley
Funster No
MH
Mclouis glen 264
Exp
Former caravanner before divorce lol
Hi,I,m interested in doing this tour with my motorhome and motorbike,idea is to wild camp in motorhome and do some of route on bike before returning to motorhome daily and then moving on,this is a 1st time use of motorhome and a little bit apprehensive so any recommendations re wild camping on this route?
Thanks Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-25-03-06-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-25-03-06-19.png
    576.1 KB · Views: 42

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Your perhaps a bit short sighted in skipping the south west of Scotland. The A713 is widely recognised as one of the truly great motorcycling roads. There are many many places to wild camp & many different roads to get you motor running. I'm adding a you tube clip filmed about motorcyle safety on the A713 & the road along past Clatteringshaws. Enjoy.

Anyway, the highlands are beautiful, wild camping is pretty much the norm in most area's with some exceptions on Loch Lomondside & the Trossachs national park, but this is largely due to hooligan's heading out of Glasgow & surrounding area's into these beautiful wild area's which are very close to the city. Not all Glaswegians behave in this manner but things are spoiled by the few.
Glencoe is a first class road to enjoy & wild camping is pretty well limitless, glen Etive spur's from Glencoe & whilst getting up to a speed is next to impossible, but the scenery, well you have to try it to believe it.

I'm sure many more forum members will advise on other area's, but wherever you go, stay safe & have a great time, hope the weather plays ball for you.

OP
OP
Mudstuck

Mudstuck

Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
Near Chorley
Funster No
MH
Mclouis glen 264
Exp
Former caravanner before divorce lol
Hi thanks for that,I have done anti clockwise tour of Scotland previously in former life as caravanner but this route was done in a motorbike magazine and I fancy it.
Was up in Moffat earlier this year with versys forum members and the roads we did were awesome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hi thanks for that,I have done anti clockwise tour of Scotland previously in former life as caravanner but this route was done in a motorbike magazine and I fancy it
Perhaps you could make your own route up, spur off now and then to see as much as possible.......we'll put the kettle on. :)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Check out some of the good You Tube videos about the A82 and from from Oban to Ft William for some ideas. We will probably be around the same area as those videos in August.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back