Wild Camping On The Iow (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Went for a walk with the dog early this morning and there was a Swift Rio in the carpark which had obviously been there overnight. It is a lovely spot for wild camping and as I was walking the dog I got to thinking about how they managed for water etc and thought that if anyone was up and about when I got back to the car I'd offer to let them to pop up to our house (ten minutes away). Anyway no one was up and about when I got back so I didn't get the chance but I thought that if any funsters are planning to wild camp on the Isle of Wight it would be a good idea to make the offer. So, if you are over here and need water etc then PM me and as long as we're not off on our travels you are welcome to pop in and fill up with water and empty your loo. We're in the West Wight but nowhere is far on the island :smiley:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Generous offer! Well done :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
That's a lovely offer:)
After having been with the caravan a couple of times and seeing how laid back the place is we did wonder whether it was ok.
Really like the island - but the road surfaces are something else aren't they:)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
:smiley: Went for a walk with the dog early this morning and there was a Swift Rio in the carpark which had obviously been there overnight. It is a lovely spot for wild camping and as I was walking the dog I got to thinking about how they managed for water etc and thought that if anyone was up and about when I got back to the car I'd offer to let them to pop up to our house (ten minutes away). Anyway no one was up and about when I got back so I didn't get the chance but I thought that if any funsters are planning to wild camp on the Isle of Wight it would be a good idea to make the offer. So, if you are over here and need water etc then PM me and as long as we're not off on our travels you are welcome to pop in and fill up with water and empty your loo. We're in the West Wight but nowhere is far on the island :smiley:

Great idea, Also if anybody wants gps for wild camp spots on I.o.W., can pm me, as we used to wild a lot , mostly weekends a few years ago, so know of about a dozen places.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014

Do you deliver....?

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
That's a lovely offer:)
After having been with the caravan a couple of times and seeing how laid back the place is we did wonder whether it was ok.
Really like the island - but the road surfaces are something else aren't they:)
:smiley: You are so right! the roads are something else. When we first moved here there was a sign as you left the ferry port warning that they were different :smiley: . However, at this very moment in time Island Roads are setting about improving them :rofl::rofl::rofl: and our lane has just been done which may sound very positive and on the whole it is but (and here comes the moan :frowny: nearly 4 weeks ago they dug up our drive and in front of our gate raised the level 8 inches and we're still waiting for them to put it back as it was :frowny: :frowny:. Numerous phone calls and a visit from a very obnoxious supervisor have left us :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear: We cant get our van out and we're off to France in August and at this rate we'll have to get the van airlifted out ::bigsmile: We could write a comedy sketch about all this ::bigsmile: Anyway feel lots better now after a good :swear::swear::swear: and moan ::bigsmile: Looking on the bright side maybe next week the drive will be tarmaced and the front path paved :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Most FUNsters will take that up if it extends to wine. Water they can struggle without, but wine !
:unsure: Ahh now that may be a problem cos we have a real problem keeping wine in a bottle it seems to evaporate and we often find empty bottles of a morning. Think it's definitely an island phenomom and funsters better come prepared :smiley: to find plenty of empty bottles :smiley: we will endeavour to solve the problem however, and have a few full ones on hand :smiley:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@2spritelyislanders
:eek::eek::eek:.....hope you get sorted in time for your jollies.....suppose it'll be worth it in the end if the roads are improved.....now if they could do something about the train (which was even bumpier)......:D

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
@2spritelyislanders
:eek::eek::eek:.....hope you get sorted in time for your jollies.....suppose it'll be worth it in the end if the roads are improved.....now if they could do something about the train (which was even bumpier)......:D
:smiley: Haven't used a train on the island since I used to commute for work and they were old London Tube trains which used to get painted with different themes, the last one I saw had dinosaurs on it - which says it all ::bigsmile: The Steam Railway :smiley: now that is comfortable but a little limited in distance you can travel. Methinks they are trying to extend the line which would be really good cos this train goes through some beautiful countryside. Dear old Beeching has a lot to answer for :frowny: it must have been spectacular to travel the island by train. A lot of the line is now cycle track so if you're fit it's worth having a peddle around, it's probably a less bumpy ride on the old railway lines than the roads ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back