Wild Camping on Friend's Drives? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Richard W

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Escapade - nice aeroplane

I will be forced aloft soon. Son in law just bought himself an Escapade.
The Escapade is a nice machine, with a convenient wing fold. Useful in these days of expensive hangerage. It reminds me of the Piper Vagabond, but updated

there's no challenge with those motorised thingies.
Not sure of the engine being used, if it's a Jabiru your gliding experience might come in handy. We have had issues with Jab engines at my base farm strip. They seem to work well in a Jabiru airframe, but can have problems when mated up to a different aircraft. My preference is for the 912 Rotax. It looks like a plumber's nightmare, but is generally very reliable.

I found his Luscombe pretty unsatisfying
While the Luscombes look nice, I found that in my brief acquaintance they induce back ache quite quickly. The view out when flying is also akin to a pill box.

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not sure of the engine being used, if it's a Jabiru your gliding experience might come in handy.
Richard W.

Can't remember the engine but when he was getting all excited about building one he showed me a picture of a fuel injected European engine, big lump, Lycoming 4 configuration.

In the end he's bought a second hand one. Impatient youngster. Plans to store in his barn and fly from a local strip near Hexham.

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hi Richard , funnily enough I was going to pop to heathfield to buy a windsurfer soon ...

I am still not 100% that I am going to the Duxford airshow on Sunday.. anyway, I will give you a bell sometime :Smile:

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
oo windsurfing i can help

hi Richard , funnily enough I was going to pop to heathfield to buy a windsurfer soon ...

I am still not 100% that I am going to the Duxford airshow on Sunday.. anyway, I will give you a bell sometime :Smile:

John

Speak to me about the windsurfer please....what is it you are after...I may be able to help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back