Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
can you wild camp at st annes ? ive been looking on google earth and there is a place to get on to the beach next to a big white modern building, is it allowed or does any one know of a spot close to the beach? thanks tommy

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
You can overnight on the car park of the stone jetty at Grannies Bay. This is official.
There a charges during the day, between 9 am & 6 pm, check this on the display board on the car park.
I've seen a few vans there this year.
Park nicely, as I've seen a van parked across 4 or 5 bays, and that will get us all barred.

The white building you're on about is possibly the 'White Church' (very distinctive).
The jetty I'm on about is adjacent Fairhaven Lake.
Lytham St Annes is a bit of a generic term for the several villages that seem to join up ie Lytham, Ansdell, St Annes, Lytham St Annes, Fairhaven.

regards
Allen

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
thanks allen, i think i saw that on googlr maps it goes through a carpark and around the back of the lake? i think these are th co-ordanates 53.736902, -3.000990

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i stayed at the above co-ordanates this weekend, motorhomes are allowed as long as you dont park and cause obstruction also table and chairs are not allowed (stated on the signs) but you could just take them to the beach or lake edge, there is quite a bit of traffic during the night but its not a problem, the only problem is flies millions of them:whatthe: from about 2100hrs the trees looked like they had black smoke pouring from them because there were that many:whatthe: not sure what they were but they looked like BIG mosquito's with furry antena's.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
there is quite a bit of traffic during the night but its not a problem,

Seen this none on Wildcamping for motorhomes, but it stated it was quiet.
It looks like it's quite a distance from the main road, was this where you heard traffic noise from?

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
at the top where we were i would say its about 1/2 a mile from the main road, the traffic was from cars driving up and down all night, it was mainly the same cars they were proberbly doggers looking for some action :ROFLMAO:.
we never had any problems with them they just left us alone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back