Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
lancs
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
11 years
can anyone give me any info on places you might be be able to wild camp with motorhome and trailer in scotland on the west coast? we,re off next week end,we dont want to upset anyone by parking infront of peoples houses e.t.c. but if there are any large carparks or forest type areas this would be good,in anticipation,THANKS::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
can anyone give me any info on places you might be be able to wild camp with motorhome and trailer in scotland on the west coast? we,re off next week end,we dont want to upset anyone by parking infront of peoples houses e.t.c. but if there are any large carparks or forest type areas this would be good,in anticipation,THANKS::bigsmile:

Hi

not much response so far, this will keep it alive..

in the meantime you could try the Wildcamping For Motohome forum

jim

sussex gone north

Free Member
Jan 18, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
West Coast wild camping

How far North are you going? Big car park on A82 at Loch Tulloch, several on the coast road between Oban & Ballachulish. If you are going skiing there is plent of space at the Glenco ski area and they are happy for you to stay there overnight.

Further North there are plenty of places to pull off on the Ft Wiliam to Kyle road, especially along Loch Cluanie, On up the coast it's a few years since we've been that way but I remember a huge parking area on the road just S of Loch Broom, looking N over the sea, after that there was not a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
scotland

hi try this

if it comes out
dave

Attachments

• campers scotland.jpg
    campers scotland.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 55

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi

Where on the west coast are you planning on visiting i might be able to help. If your sensible i cant see any problem we wild camp all the time try not to park somewhere that you think might annoy someone or in front of a farm gate as farmers start early.

We have park in forest mainly in the dumfries and galloway area and L Lomond.

We have also used layby where the road has been renewed and old road becomes a layby and we have never been moved on also if stopping for a bar supper ask the owner if you can stay overnoght in carpark so you can have a few beers.

Hope this helps
Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back