Wild Camping In Germany (1 Viewer)

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Our extended trip to Europe next spring/summer will be to Germany. I am aware of Stelplatze and will use the various discount schemes for campsites.
However what is the legal position regarding 'wild camping' in Germany? In France, within reason and if you are sensible you can park overnight almost anywhere, is the sitation similar in Germany?
Sostas ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
i haven't toured germany much but on 4 short visits i've used stellplatz, quiet suburban streets ( arrive late leave early), lidl car parks (arrive after closing time either leave before they open or be waiting at the door to do your shopping), industrial estates (mainly at weekends) & out of the way spots where i don't think i'm causing anyone a problem.

never been asked to move on.

only one country i have problems wild camping. we all know where that is.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
There are loads of places to stay in Germany, pick up a copy of Link Removed about 16 euros but list loads of stopping places. We were once told by a German motorhomer that you can legally park for 24 hours almost anywhere.

Where about in Germany are you heading, we particularly like the Mosel & Bavaria.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back