LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs, Snuggly, I have asked that question more times than you can imagine..... I think you may have to stay outside the central areas and be prepared to travel in the following day. I got to the point I was going to knock on a farm door.

OP
OP
snuggly wuggly
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
Thought so, want to be close as we're meeting our daughter from uni which will involve a few drinkies!!:drunk:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You could try here

Broken Link Removed

Not sure what the position is with overnight parking though - you could try calling the Council.

It's a nice walk through Clifton and down Park Street into the centre.

As a student we used to do a pub crawl down that route called " The Cresta Run"

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We live in Bristol, think you would be really lucky to find free camping anywhere, especially on our roads! Baltic Wharf in the town centre is good caravan club site. Nice campsite at Bath Marina with a cycle track into Bristol for the fit and Park n Drive into Bath.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I can't imagine the family dressing up for the Graduation Ceremony would want to cycle from Bath!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
  • I wouldn't like to chance overnight parking on the Downs. Bristol CC traffic wardens are no nonsense zero tolerance trained! Also I would feel vulnerable parking overnight there. Depending on your size of van have you tried Park at my House.com? No wild camping anywhere near Centre. Baltic Wharf your best bet if you can get in.

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
  • I wouldn't like to chance overnight parking on the Downs. Bristol CC traffic wardens are no nonsense zero tolerance trained! Also I would feel vulnerable parking overnight there. Depending on your size of van have you tried Park at my House.com? No wild camping anywhere near Centre. Baltic Wharf your best bet if you can get in.
It would be a great location if you want to combine your trip with a bit of dogging :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ladies Mile which crosses the downs used to be renowned for it !

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
GJH who is an authorised 'where to park' guy, contacted the council I believe re parking in pub car parks in the centre ... and he was told it is 'not adviseable'. Hope I am correct on that statement, as going back a bit ... as I say I have had this problem several times.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Seriously, Baltic Wharf would be perfect and you could walk to all the eateries ( and bars.) I can't even suggest supermarket car parks as they all have these "only park for 2 hours " signs now. Is the ceremony for Bristol Uni or UWE?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Lesley, the problem is getting INTO Baltic Wharf site. Often you have to book months in advance and depending on who you speak to you have to be a member of the Caravan Club ... occasionally you are lucky to get on if you arn't. Also there is a long thread somewhere that this site is closing down. Has it all changed then? Joy :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry if I recommended a dogging site:lipssealed:

I only went there in the day.

To pick magic mushrooms

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
"After lengthy negotiations with Bristol City Council regarding The Club’s leased site, Baltic Wharf, the Council has reluctantly given The Club forewarning the site will be needed for a school to serve the local community.

The Club is disappointed about the prospect of losing Baltic Wharf, but it welcomes the Council’s acknowledgement of the considerable benefits it brings to the local community. The Club is actively working with the Council to find an alternative site in the area.

Baltic Wharf will remain open until at least the end of 2014. There is no firm closure date for this site at the moment so The Club is unable to put pitches on sale for the 2015 season as it simply cannot guarantee the pitches will be available.

If this situation changes The Club will release any pitches for sale as soon as it is possible. Updates on this situation will be published on the website and Club Together so please keep checking."

Copied from the caravan club website - such a shame, we love Bristol :(

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Looks like I'll have to start renting my driveway out! But you'd have to be tiny to fit on it!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you get stuck, Colliters Brook Farm is a pick up and drop off for the airport, they have 3 or 4 small grass camping paddocks and a small hardstanding area suitable for motorhomes, basic facilities, no EHU, 1 toilet, 1 shower each for men and women, a pub/hotel across the road, nice owners and about £12 a night. I get sick of not being able to get on Baltic Wharfe when in MH as daughter lives in Bristol. It's about 2 or 3 miles from the centre, stayed there last week, pretty much only one there.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Hope you find somewhere local, sorry I can't offer our drive, there's a large MH parked on it, not room for much more! The only other site I could find was this one at Chipping Sodbury just outside town. No idea what it's like,so can't recommend it, but it may be a possibility, I guess you could taxi into town but could be a bit expensive. The only other alternatives could be, dare I say it Premier Lodges, usually inexpensive but you could find one on the outskirts and bus into town. Good luck. However you get there, you will be such proud parents! Good luck.
http://www.littlewoodcaravanpark.co.uk/

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
You can sometimes get a good price for the premier inn on welsh back. There is parking nearby ncp? It looked cheaper to have a weekly ticket rather than pay for a couple of days:confused:

If you dont mind pushing the boat out the bristol hotel in the harbourside is very nice and they pay your parking for the multistory next door.

Any parking is expensive in Bristol tho. But its such a fab place.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
In light of all the above - if it were me I'd look at the train lines in and out of the city, and use UK campsite to find a site near a station and train it in. Sorted(y)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
There's a pub called The Fox at Easter Compton, which allows overnight stops, and is only about half a mile fron J17 M5 (Cribbs Causeway).

From there Clifton is about 5 miles, 15-20 minutes depending on time of day

HTH

Andrew

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Being scout leaders we could park at the scout campsite at Woodhouse Park. I am sure they may accommodate you-for a /donation/price no handy EHU but toilets and showers.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In light of all the above - if it were me I'd look at the train lines in and out of the city, and use UK campsite to find a site near a station and train it in. Sorted(y)
I agree. As Joy said, there is no daytime parking for motorhomes in Bristol let alone overnight camping.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
personally, i would find a quiet residential road with unrestricted parking in the area near to where i needed to be and park there, for all anyone knows you could be visiting someone who lives there, and if you're quiet and respectful and leave the next morning who's to complain or be any the wiser..
have done this in the past when i've needed to just for overnighting when i couldn't find anywhere else and never had any problems..

edit, and just a thought, isn't there overflow parking on the green space opposite bristol zoo, that could be useful for daytime parking..

SarahT

Free Member
Mar 17, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi, does anyone know of a place to park overnight in Bristol?

Old thread, but if anyone is still looking... https://www.facebook.com/ennywevvers/info/?tab=overview or Broken Link Removed I wouldn't like to be presumptuous but there are normally vans parked on the road outside the glamping itself (I walk my dogs here) so they may be open to negotiation if you need somewhere to park overnight with facilities...it's a lovely spot near St Werb's and not a 'through-road' so nice and quiet...and no doggers ;-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back