Wild Camping in Alvor (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Found this and wondered if it was anything to do with the OP.

Link Removed :Doh::shout:

From that site:

Each site could be built to accommodate 200 vehicles, so when full, at €15 a night, basic rental

Whats the difference between what he's proposing and a campsite? apart from being dearer.::bigsmile:

Ian

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
This guy has a vested interest in the area as he involved with property just another troll.
Alvor is a dump a bit like a tired resort trying to regain its long forgotten past.
These comments are by incomers like nimbys who move from the town to the country and then complain that it smells and the cows moo too loudly. They are on the TV all the time Rich and stupid!
The Portugese people welcome holiday makers with open arms not so the incomers who try to drive up property prices to to make them unaffordable for first time buyers.

I think you might have missed the point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Who do you speak for certainly none of the local folk I have met over the 8yrs we have visited.I will treat most of your statement with the contempte it deserves.As for some of the members comments in support I suggest you take a good hard look at your actions many of which I suspect never get much further than an English caravan club site.To the descent folk among us stay safe and to the likes of Alvorcomment i hope you are not one of the silly Ex Pats who are stuck with a VILLA you cannot sell and can't afford the higher cost of living due to the Euro ex rate bye have a good life i will give you a pip when we arrive in Alvor inSept.xxxx

At last a balanced view.....a chip on both shoulders:Smile:

barry

andley

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Static
Exp
Campsite owner
chickenrun campsite

Thank you JJ we dont want that either, but thanks for your kind advice x x

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
The great thing for me is that when I pull up anywhere in the Wagon all the other motorhomes up sticks and move away... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Joy of having Portugese plates, same thing used to happen to me when I had Spanish plates, now I have French plates all the French try to get as close as possible :cry:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just been down to Alvor and there are still vans there. Most German & Dutch and I can see why the residents would be upset.
Some are parked right outside the front of homes even on ramps and with camping gear set up outside the van.
Didn't see any Brits down there but plenty of GNR uniforms watching.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats what the gnr do keep a look out for you so the locals dont rob your van when you leave it unattended. half the expats are criminals ran away from the uk to avoid debts .prison and credit cards . as been like it for years . good reason not to go and live there i think.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Joy of having Portugese plates, same thing used to happen to me when I had Spanish plates, now I have French plates all the French try to get as close as possible :cry:

The Wagon... aka the Black Beauty or the Black Beast is on UK plates at the moment...

Mostly everyone, no matter what Nationality, move away from any van playing Metal music... :winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The Wagon... aka the Black Beauty or the Black Beast is on UK plates at the moment...

Mostly everyone, no matter what Nationality, [HI]move away from any van playing Metal music[/HI]... :winky:

I'd get that checked PDQ .. JJ .. sounds like the big ends are on the way out .. :whatthe:

or use fully synthetic oil ... :roflmto:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
bad spelling there jim its sympathetic oil . we are sympathetic to his neighbours . should be 50,s rock n roll. let you off though. hee hee :Cool::shout:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just been down to Alvor and there are still vans there. Most German & Dutch and I can see why the residents would be upset.
Some are parked right outside the front of homes even on ramps and with camping gear set up outside the van.

We looked in the day we left Chicken Run. We only saw Dutch and Germans. But I'm sure quite a few Brits use the place over the winter.

mark7267

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Stratford
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 1987
We are hurt !

Sorry to hear some of you residents of Alvor do not like us parking our Motorhome in "your" village.

We do not steal toilet paper, dump our waste, steal water,in fact, many of the restaurants know us well, we eat out lunch and most evenings, we shop locally, and generally support the community.

I agree, not all Motorhome owners follow the general code of good manners and community support but please do not group all motorhome owners as one.

Most of us are retired professionals who, I am sure could buy an apartment in Alvor but choose freedom.

I will add that local Portuguese welcome the money we bring in, not one has frowned upon us.

Anyway....I hear there is a 4 euro per night council run aire in Alvor so someone sees the benefit ?

Enjoy yourself..:

MW

mark7267

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Stratford
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 1987
Wrong

What planet are you on ?

I've been going for years, there is one Dutch van on blocks outside his house, GNR watching.. Spooky ! Mate, the GNR I speak to are fine, they check but leave you alone generally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back