Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We are off to France for first time in MH in 4 weeks saw on net that Marine Parade is ok to park on overnight free from 6pm......has anyone done this? Have never not camped on a proper site before.
Dawn

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A couple of times, yes . Strictly speaking the MH/caravan parking is at the Waterloo Crescent end of the seafront, but we had no bother overnighting on Marine Parade. Surprisingly quiet too. If using SatNav, set it for Waterloo Crescent to avoid confusion - Marine Parade extends from it.

Also, when leaving, you can't get into the ferry port by driving eastwards along Marine Parade - you have to rejoin the A20 and find the next convenient roundabout to change direction.

Last edited:

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Yes,we stayed there recently, we parked up by the marina end in the the bays marked "bus"
Have a good trip :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
We head there Saturday evening for 8.45am Sunday morning ferry, hoping to get through M25 at a quieter 1am as it was very busy last year, I am hoping to park up in the ferry terminal for a few hours kip before getting on board, do they let you in that early and allow parking up as my ferry don't do over night crossings. ?

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi I said we be camping on marine parade Friday night but got my nights mixed up anyway ended up on Canterbury park and ride for two nights and and im impressed 3 pounds per night and that includes free bus tickets into town. site is secure and has motorhome services and toilets. and only 30 minutes to Dover docks.(y)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We head there Saturday evening for 8.45am Sunday morning ferry, hoping to get through M25 at a quieter 1am as it was very busy last year, I am hoping to park up in the ferry terminal for a few hours kip before getting on board, do they let you in that early and allow parking up as my ferry don't do over night crossings. ?

They don't allow you to park up at the ferry terminal as they haven't got the room, that's why everyone parks on Waterloo Crescent or Marine Parade. Loads do it, we live nearby and haven't heard of any problems. (y)

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
we go next weekend but have booked on a site for the night as traveling down for 2 days before ferry crossing, so will need t empty tanks and fill up with water, .....plus top up the bar with gin, tonic and carling from tesco before we cross.....;)

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
They don't allow you to park up at the ferry terminal as they haven't got the room, that's why everyone parks on Waterloo Crescent or Marine Parade. Loads do it, we live nearby and haven't heard of any problems. (y)

Thanks. I googled Waterloo cres and looks like if I come in off roundabout west end by mariner I will get back out the same way to turn right for the ferry ?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
we go next weekend but have booked on a site for the night as traveling down for 2 days before ferry crossing, so will need t empty tanks and fill up with water, .....plus top up the bar with gin, tonic and carling from tesco before we cross.....;)

Are you still coming to Sandwich?

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
.....plus top up the bar with gin, tonic and carling from tesco before we cross.....;)

Why would you buy Booze in the UK, stop at the first Lidl when you get into France. It distresses me deeply every time we visit the UK to pay the chancellor so much money for booze.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We have each time we've crossed. No problems. Last year spent a very enjoyable evening chatting to a motorhoming couple. (y)

Wyn

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
As we have to travel across from S Wales we normally catch an evening ferry to Dunkirk and spend the night at the terminal car park on the other side, lots of vans do the same, there are toilets and showers available although they are a bit dated they work. (you can park for 28 days at no cost on the terminal car park)
This allows us to get on the road refreshed the next day and do a full day heading south for the sun :cool:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
What MH have you got & have you got a Fun sticker in the window. Could pop over to say hello about 7.30ish if that's OK?
Autotrail MX08 start of plate and yes thanks to Jim, stickers in front and back window....pop around would be nice to meet (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The joy of internet dating...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun