Wild camping back on the cards in Portugal from 25August. (1 Viewer)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Stays outside official sites/aires etc and outside protected natural areas now allowed for up to 48hrs at a time within each municipality.

( …..the average time a casette will last🤣)

Useful post! Thanks!

Is there a map that shows where all the designated or prohibited areas are, for us Johnny foreigners who might not know?

Also, the bit about approved Motorhomes: is there some sort of certification needed before wild camping? I’d certainly support a similar certification scheme here in the UK if it led to opening up of wilder areas for overnight sleeping. That idea works well in NZ, apparently.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Is there a map that shows where all the designated or prohibited areas are, for us Johnny foreigners who might not know?
Not that I know of. Authorised places are signposted as such, or sites and aires, and anywhere else is fair game as long as it’s not in a natural park, which are probably marked on maps.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not that I know of. Authorised places are signposted as such, or sites and aires, and anywhere else is fair game as long as it’s not in a natural park, which are probably marked on maps.
National parks are easy to identify but any idea how you identify "areas covered by the Coastal Plans"?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I suppose this latest "news" from Lisbon means I can carry on doing as I have always been doing, spending nights here and there, all over Portugal and not get fined and or moved on.

Of course, I never ever have been fined or asked to move on.

I put it down to choosing sensible spots to stop and definitely avoiding parking anywhere near British expats in their white holiday "homes". :rofl:

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back