Wild Camping App (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
dose anybody use it? is it a free App? Can't find instructions how to use.
Advice please.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Its a free app but you need to be a member of Wild Camping forum and pay your subs.. I think they are £20 per year.. best to check

Description

Membership to Wild Camping is required but a free demo is available to test out the app and see a sample of POIsClick the link for instructions on how to use this app and download a sample POI file:

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks ScotJimland.
Here I know that I spend the best £10 of my life, not sure if I will be able to afford it next year LOL (retiring). Wonder if the £20 of Wild Camping will be so well spent? Any opinions please.
Dose it cover UK only?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Thanks ScotJimland.
Here I know that I spend the best £10 of my life, not sure if I will be able to afford it next year LOL (retiring). Wonder if the £20 of Wild Camping will be so well spent? Any opinions please.
Dose it cover UK only?

This covers UK and France as well as Tap Stops just so you know.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to let you know ... don't waste your time trying to find the WC app 'for free' (ie without joining the WC forum) as it doesn't exist anywhere else!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Wonder if the £20 of Wild Camping will be so well spent? Any opinions please.

If you are an avid wild camper a qualified yes..

I say that as I am of the opinion that good wild spots shouldn't be shared.. Selfish ? yes.. you bet.. but make them well known and either a) they get overrun or b) someone complains and the council or landowner is forced to take action.. all land is owned by someone..

The very best wild spots are the ones you discover yourself.. and keep to yourself..

as a forum.. you can join without paying subs and make up your own mind.. but you will get bombarded with spam asking you to pay the subs.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sounds a bit limited to be honest, if it don't include Europe ..not very adventurous are they,these "wild"campers:D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
as a forum.. you can join without paying subs and make up your own mind.. but you will get bombarded with spam asking you to pay the subs.

That was my experience too, I registered and after a couple of weeks unregistered because of the spam. Self-defeating I fear.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Must admit I get fed up of the 'subs spam' emails too but I just have them going directly into my junk folder! :)

Reactions: DBK

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I belong to it and the forum is a bit like this one but a bit more anarchic, I spend time on both most nights at home( sad billy no mates)
The POI (points of interest ) on your GPS is good as it gives a warning of upcoming tried parking sites You get parking points, water uplift points and that is really useful when in a strange part of the UK or France. The complaints about popups is because you are paying by having those adverts etc If you are a full member then they go away and the site is clear. There are plenty of other parts on the forum Like this one with technical help and advice etc.., I belong to both forum but would not belong to the CCC etc.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks.
Registered to WC but still can't find the activating code for the App. Do you get it only if paying the full membership?

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
YEAH!!!!!! Got it.
They are very mean, only 10 free sites.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Jim. I am not active on their forum.
Maybe you can put together a list of good wild camping sites by volunteering information from Generous Funsters.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
There is nothing wrong with actually paying to join a site and getting the benefits of the membership, the spam is only for non joiners and it goes to paying for the site, The POI is a big undertaking that is very valuable and difficult to put together. There are benefits for being in both and I do not mind paying for both site, but if I only went on as a visitor I would not expect to get them for nothing,
Ask Jim what is involved with running a site and he will tell you that there is a lot more than is obvious.
Wild camping is not freeloading it is the reason that I bought a camper If I wanted to stay on site and wallow in CCC club rules I would have bought a caravan and done that. I do not want to live a life of being told what to do by any organisation that I pay into in order to pay them more to use the facilities. If I want to stop on Dartmoor I can, a layby if I need to but it is not necessary to book up week in advance to be told you cannot go somewhere because it is already full. wild, means free to go and do when you want.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the spam is only for non joiners and it goes to paying for the site

not non joiners.. the spam goes to those who choose not to be full members.. it is counter productive..

if the site is good non-subscribers will pay or not as they wish, spamming puts me off .. as it does many others.

Jim doesn't spam all the Read Only Members on Fun .. Motorhomefun sells itself without resorting to email spamming

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back