Wild Camper (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
That definition fits us to a 'T'. Where ever possible we like the most remote and picturesque spot that we can find, neighbours don't concern us but we're very happy to be alone.

Wild Camper could of course be abbreviated to WC but that clashes with another well known abbreviation!:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Wild Camper - Someone who prefers not to park on campsites. It's not about paying, they will pay for a nice wild-camping spot. If a person is only camping off-site to save money, then see FL and FLT
whats wrong with camping off-site to save money? whats the point of having a MH if its on a site 24/7 (may as well just book or buy a static)?

Deleted User
whats wrong with camping off-site to save money? whats the point of having a MH if its on a site 24/7 (may as well just book or buy a static)?
It is possible to tour in a motorhome using sites and even with a caravan, many of which can be more self sufficient than many motorhomes.
We toured the UK and Europe with a caravan using sites for years.
Now we have a campervan we do a mix.

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
I don't mind campsites aires or indeed free wild Park ups it's all about what suits for me a a specific time. Especially when touring abroad. I am happy to pay into the local economy to keep them alive. Would I pay 30 odd quid a night for a campsite yes on the odd occasion I would but again only if it suited my touring. Freeloaders are welcome to free load but personally I wouldn't cut my nose off by simply not wanting to spend a few euros on a lovely aire

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
The issue was being called a Tosser, the T bit of FLT was always disrespectful & IMHO was against the very spirit of motorhoming. If we'd always stayed on sites, we'd have bought a caravan.

I was brought up motorhoming from the early 1960s, my dads reason was that he & our next door neighbour loved their fishing & that we live in a beautiful wilderness, but in the summer holidays, we went up to the highlands & into proper sites with the associated costs, no problem.

I've carried on in that tradition minus the fishing, I just enjoy the solitude that a stunning area delivers as well as star gazing, but very often we go to a site, pay our dues & enjoy the facilities.

I personally applaud Jim for his attempt to put this issue right, I had certainly withdrawn from the site, or to be exact, I put very little into the forum. This was what being called a tosser by a site which I'd paid for did.
As I've said before, if you think I'm a tosser & you'd probably be right, try knocking on my motorhome door & tell me so.

C'mon folks, drop the T bit, its offensive.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Jim maybe we can pop these in the online shop.

I love being an FLT when I can, especially on me bruvvers driveway, which includes meals and free laundry and take great joy in telling him daily, what FLT stands for, especially the T, but then he’s 24 years ex Navy and me ex what’s a flip, so have the humour to match.

7FFBBC9B-D3BE-4150-8FB2-033C4E35BC98.jpeg

Both me and our Nephew taking full advantage of our right to be FLT’s at me bruvvers place 👍🏻
0F85C7A7-43F0-4D18-81F6-9DB11022FB41.jpeg

E82E9AEC-26C6-4E33-B626-C8744B142AFD.jpeg

8554C255-B64D-4B12-A15C-BB2D835CEDA1.png

Last edited:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Ah well, now I've had a sense of humour bypass & still pay for the privilege.
Me thinks that'd make it even more dangerous to knock on my door calling me a Tosser with a capital T, I dare you.

Mind you, that said, I do feel really sorry for the forum members who live in the highly populated dumps which seem to proliferate in Englandshire, traffic like that would drive me mad & the abundance of thieves ready to rob anyone trying a bit of wild camping would be enough to put anyone off the idea of wild camping.
A great shame when I feel that England has many of the worlds most beautiful AONBs & some of the nicest folk I've ever had the good fortune to meet.

So, I'll pop on my happy smugface, sit back & plan my next years wild camping, a few happy pills & its job done.

Happy new year everyone, may 2022 bring you all the happiness that 2021 couldn't provide.

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Those that are making comments on here may want to see where the thread is.
Its not in the U shape lounge or motorhome chat section.
Jim has spent some time creating numerous of these threads to help someone who doesnt know what they mean.
it would be remiss of him to leave out the T behind FL as someone who was reading it for the first time wouldnt understand.
Click on the equivalent highlighted bit at the top of the page and you will see all the other threads he created you can try to pick holes in.
It went 25 days without comment .................
1640974868124.png

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Those that are making comments on here may want to see where the thread is.
Its not in the U shape lounge or motorhome chat section.
Jim has spent some time creating numerous of these threads to help someone who doesnt know what they mean.
it would be remiss of him to leave out the T behind FL as someone who was reading it for the first time wouldnt understand.
Click on the equivalent highlighted bit at the top of the page and you will see all the other threads he created you can try to pick holes in.
It went 25 days without comment .................
View attachment 571199
Much like I said in the FLT thread. Some/Many/Most obviously don't get it. :rolleyes:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Can I propose an entry for the Jargon forum please Jim?

PLO .... the Profiteering Land Owner who sticks a gate in the hedge and takes hard earned by calling it a campsite

Fortunately these days they are an almost an extinct breed, but I have had a few in my sights in the past o_O

Here is to a great 2022 :ROFLMAO:
:eek:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Jim maybe we can pop these in the online shop.

I love being an FLT when I can, especially on me bruvvers driveway, which includes meals and free laundry and take great joy in telling him daily, what FLT stands for, especially the T, but then he’s 24 years ex Navy and me ex what’s a flip, so have the humour to match.

View attachment 571111

Both me and our Nephew taking full advantage of our right to be FLT’s at me bruvvers place 👍🏻
View attachment 571114
View attachment 571115
View attachment 571116
The picture of you on the roof. Are you trying to connect EHU to overhead power lines ? Now that is seriously FLTing.
Phil

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back