NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi June
Take the advice given on here buy a mifi device
And do what I did find a local 14 year old geek to set it up for you and away you go I have had mine 12 months now and all I do is charge it same as my phone top it up with credit when it runs out and enjoy
Without confusing you further check to make sure you can't use your Mobile phone to create a mobile hotspot or tethering you may have all you need already
By the way the geeks name is Liam aren't they all bless him

Hi Peter
Have you used the mifi in France and, if so, where did you buy the card?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hi,
We bought an Unlocked wireless Huawei modem from Ebay for £72.0, then we bought a separate sim card which allows internet access for £12.15 and gives us 90 days usage for laptop data then we just bought another when that run out. The modem can run up to 5 laptops together and we have shared it with others who have been in the same site and quite a distance from our van and signal.
We have been able to go online anywhere in the UK so far and although it is slightly slower
than our BT at home (we have never been fortunate enough to get a free Fon signal anywhere).
Hope this helps.
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Just another quick point which I have not had time to check out. We went into Stormfront Apple shop in York and a chap in there told me that instead of getting new cards from Ebay for £12,15 it would be cheaper to go into an O2 shop or renew online this he says would save around £5.00 each time as he used to work for O2.
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
MIFI in France

Sorry to bump this thread again, but wanted to seek clarification about the data sim card to buy for France.. We want a 90 day one.. The 3Gb one that can be topped up sounds good... I believe Phill D was the adviser on the original thread.. We have bought the Huwae unlocked MiFi he recommended and now just need the sim... Thanks in advance Mitch.. PS Fitted the Gasit refillable cylinder kit, now just got to get it filled and checked when the weather improves.. Mitch..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back