Wifi locator with logging codes - Excelent (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Wifi Map

Features & Functions

Free Wi-Fi
Over 2'100'000 accessible Wi-Fi hotspot locations

Passwords & Comments
Map and List Views with passwords & comments for Wi-Fi

Social Community
All Wi-Fi hotspots are added by users. You can do it, its easy.

single-iphone-19af07f35d0efafba6c1b5381264e7a4.png

Worldwide
America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Middle East, Russia & even Africa

Add new places
Most comprehensive and up-to-date database of accessible Wi-Fi

Share with friends
Share known Wi-Fi locations via SMS, E-mailor Social Media

FREE application

Free version of WiFi Map was created for comfort and ease of use. It helps users save money on 3G/4G usage and preserve battery life, downloading apps, movies, music, playing games or simply checking email.

• Passwords and comments for public Wi-Fi locations
  • Prepopulated Wi-Fi information available in offline mode
  • Contribute by adding new Wi-Fi info from places you visit
  • Update Wi-Fi passwords when applicable

PRO useful for Travel

Constant issues with finding reliable internet when traveling has motivated us to create WiFi Map Pro. Wi-Fi spots even in the most remote places. Our Offline Map will guide you to Wi-Fi when your phone is not connected to internet.

Prior to traveling simply find the city you are about to visit and our app will store all the Wi-Fi info for future Offline usage.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just a small point. You do realise that it is illegal to access a network without permission. Having the password given to you by a third party does not mean you have permission to use that network.

Please also note that a lot of older folk who don't use the internet much have the cheaper package which has a limit on usage. If you happen to use one of those you may run up a bill for them.
I know some will say they should have better passwords. A lot of them don't understand this stuff and will leave the default in place trusting that their provider has set everything up properly for them.

There hasn't been many prosecutions for this but there has been some.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Many thanks for the heads-up,have just got it of App Store(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hmmmmm. Not sure about this. I have downloaded OK. But the problem is that without paying you need to be on the internet before you can get the information that enables you to find the wifi spots. Cart before the horse it appears. You can download info for specific cities, but many of them you have to pay for at 59p each. Or have I misunderstood it?

Grommett - it appears that all these are public access points, rather than private homes. So hotels, coffee shops, pubs etc.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Slightly off topic but with my fully, totally unlimited usage mobile data package here in Portugal I gave my password to 3 or 4 "friends" who were parked nearby at the Silves site.

Of course, most just emailed and Skyped folk but one openly downloaded movies.

I didn't mind unless I was watching football and was being slowed down!

Then, to my absolute fury, I found out that my password was being handed out to others and used without my permission.

That was it!

I had to learn how to change my password from the default (bloody nuisance) but once learned now easy to do.

I got the word spread around that someone had handed out my password which I thought was rude and that I had a new password.

Only 2 real mates got the new one and none of the others came over to ask me what had happened because they couldn't log on any more...

A personal rule of thumb is now that, while it is perfectly possible to find many spots where free wifi is legally available, especially with one of those pointy antenna thingies, for the best, consistent and most convenient way for internet access is to pay for your own.

€29.99 per month and last month "I" used over 270 gigs!

(I save that much money in 3 or 4 days by "Off-Site" living. (y)

Sorry for the ramble but I am letting the mower have a bit of a cool down...

JJ :cool:

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
JJ, I am thinking of coming over to Portugal in the Spring, for my first ever visit. Is it easy to get a data package SIM for only a month or so? If so where from and at what price please? Do you get 4G or only 3G in Portugal?

Also what places would you recommend we stay/visit please?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
JJ, I am thinking of coming over to Portugal in the Spring, for my first ever visit. Is it easy to get a data package SIM for only a month or so? If so where from and at what price please? Do you get 4G or only 3G in Portugal?

Also what places would you recommend we stay/visit please?
I can give you JJ's password for a tenner :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi peterc10

There are so many different mobile data packages on a PAYG basis here in Portugal, and they change so regularly, that my head hurts just thinking about them!

I suggest you check them out online or wait until you get here and ask at the phone shops found in shopping centres.

As for places to visit etc I wouldn't know where to start but, even though I really HATE it when folk direct people away from the Fun Forum, you might get some ideas checking out

www.wagonman2000.blogspot.com

Sorry Jim... wipe out this post if it is out of order.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi peterc10

There are so many different mobile data packages on a PAYG basis here in Portugal, and they change so regularly, that my head hurts just thinking about them!

I suggest you check them out online or wait until you get here and ask at the phone shops found in shopping centres.

As for places to visit etc I wouldn't know where to start but, even though I really HATE it when folk direct people away from the Fun Forum, you might get some ideas checking out

www.wagonman2000.blogspot.com

Sorry Jim... wipe out this post if it is out of order.

JJ, Thank you so much. I will take some time and have a look at your blog. I have bookmarked it in case Jim takes offence to it!

Reactions: JJ

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My phone scans all the time and shows any available networks .. presumably they all do, and if you have BT Fon it connects automatically.. as I walk or drive around I hear my phone pinging as it finds a Fon network and logs in.

so why I would need this.. seen a few others apps that do the same thing.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
This App provide the logging passcode to public Wifi that need passcode to login - like restaurants, coffee shops etc. Other Apps conected only to free Wifi that don't need passcode.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This App provide the logging passcode to public Wifi that need passcode to login - like restaurants, coffee shops etc

Fair enough..

I just downloaded and it shows two pubs with wifi near our home.. with passwords .. but also advises that they are changed regularly.. which is understandable.

so yes, it works but how useful it is will depend on passwords being up to date ..

I think it only fair that if you want to use a password protected private wifi at a pub , cafe' etc you should purchase something first..

When I managed a pub in Kent we had a free wifi for customers and I changed the password weekly..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As a bt broadband customer i have access to 6 million free bt and btfon wifi sites worldwide.

Dont know how good it is abroad but it works well here.

I reckon 95% of my mobil internet use is via free wifi.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As a bt broadband customer i have access to 6 million free bt and btfon wifi sites worldwide.

Dont know how good it is abroad but it works well here.

I reckon 95% of my mobil internet use is via free wifi.
I am not a BT customer, but I have got a Fon router, which gives me access to all other Fon routers. I have not used it abroad yet, so will see when I get there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back