Wifi in France (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just an update on phones and stuff, three Internet works everywhere on my phone, for free brilliant, but won't tether so that's a bug..... But now I'm on my O2 phone tethered to my ipad , working a treat, the site wifi is 3 euros for 24 hours but O2 is only 1.99 so a bargain

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
For the last three weeks I have been using my pay as you go three phone in France to successfully tether both my tablet and my Vodafone handset without any problems for the cost of a £15 bundle.(y)

I have also been using it to send texts, emails and phone calls within France and to the UK.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For the last three weeks I have been using my pay as you go three phone in France to successfully tether both my tablet and my Vodafone handset without any problems for the cost of a £15 bundle.(y)

I have also been using it to send texts, emails and phone calls within France and to the UK.
How have you done it , mine just stops working

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Guys:), a numpty here:clap2:
As anyone used, or is using, i-boost in France ???
Does it work well ???

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
To be honest I think any wifi booster or airial is long gone now , just no need for them as you can get data on your normal phone anywhere with 3 or if you want to tether , O2 or just go to macy ds or some other cafe

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Not quite sure how it works, it just does.

The only time it failed was when a friend tried to tether her laptop.

P'S. I am typing this on my tab whilst tethered to my phone in France.

Last edited:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
All good stuff, thanks all!(y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Interesting that is, I got it to work first day over but had no luck since, but can't really discuss it on here in case they are monitoring it:(, don't know if that's paranoid but you never know;)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Using the I Boost at the moment although I have paid 9 Euro for 3 days using the site wifi. I can pick up a free SFR Fon but it's just not strong enough. Definitely worth having as the router means you can use more than one device on it. I have picked up some free wifi over the last few weeks but last week on one site I picked up the wifi from the site next door.

Mike

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Thanks guys(y)....trying to get prepared for next years 1st jaunt over to France.
:france::france::france::wine::wine::wine:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I recently used 3Mobile's Mi-Fi gizmo. It even allowed the wife to link to it even though she's on T-Mobile.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well, I used my iBoost no problem in France both on the free Fon system and my mifi if I could not find a signal. I use the iBoost system as I have most things "hard wired" in the MH so as soon as I get a signal ( 5km away to date ) and login I'm sorted.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I came through France with a mifi and my mobile phone both on Three. My phone is on contract and the mifi is a prepaid SIM card. I used both without any problems or extra charges in France. Both connected automatically to Boygues and worked brilliantly. The mobile also allowed me to use it as a hotspot for my iPad. Again no problem and no extra charges.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

P'S. I am typing this on my tab whilst tethered to my phone in France.
just tried it again but as soon as the iPad kicked up,big letters,you can't do that,switch off your phone

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Interesting that is, I got it to work first day over but had no luck since, but can't really discuss it on here in case they are monitoring it:(, don't know if that's paranoid but you never know;)
just tried it again but as soon as the iPad kicked up,big letters,you can't do that,switch off your phone
Maybe it's something to do with the iPad .... mine are all Samsung phones and tab .... still working fine as I'm typing this on the tab while tethered to one of our phones.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi Guys:), a numpty here:clap2:
As anyone used, or is using, i-boost in France ???
Does it work well ???

Yes, it works very well.

A few weeks back I was connected to Fon and on a Municipal managed to pick up the free wifi from the site reception.

4 iPads and 3 smart phones all connected.

Then when we arrived at our main site it was something like €20 for 100 hours which lasted us nearly 2 weeks.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Maybe it's something to do with the iPad .... mine are all Samsung phones and tab .... still working fine as I'm typing this on the tab while tethered to one of our phones.

Perhaps you have something in what you say. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy III and I use an iPad Mini. I used Bluetooth to tether the phone to the Pad. Apart from the Bluetooth connection, neither knows about a wifi connection between them.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Were crossing to France on Tuesday, there is a 3 mobile PAYG mifi on offer at Argos at the moment which should tether with my Samsung tablet. I've heard something about needing to use in UK for a while before it will work in France, is this correct?

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Im in N/E Spain on Wifi watching UK TV Filmon) and doing the usual internet stuff at the same time, 20€ for 10 days, (" thats better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick")(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back