Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Does anyone have experience of these ?
I have a wifi dead spot in the house I'd like to resolve.
They seem to range from £10 on ebay to £80.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have similar issues, that I have solved with boosters. The first one, a cheapy from china cost about £10 and worked well for about a year then slowly died. This was replaced with a £20 D link one which has worked faultlessly. I also added another near the front door to improve the signal out to the motorhome. This is another D link that was far easier to set up (2 buttons) and has been great too

My problem is a few big steel beams where walls have been moved, which block the signal

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi we used to have problems with virgin wifi, so we have 2 BT Home WIFI units, one downstairs and one upstairs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We piggybacked a couple of old TP-Link routers to our main router. We also use powerline adapters for ethernet connections.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
We have a large house with solid walls. In the past, I had a WiFi extender that plugged into the mains. That worked OK, but meant that my original router and the extender had different names/passwords.

The Tenda Nova Mesh system means each WiFi point communicates with the others, and all have the same name. I actually have the system with three WiFi points and find it very reliable. There is a twin system for smaller properties.

Amazon product ASIN B077HTZ4TT

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had few dead spots around the house had mixed success with boosters. In the end I moved the router so the signal was traveling though less walls. Now get a good signal everywhere and halfway down the garden.
I also turn off 5G on the router as 5G does not travel h through walls well. At the far end of the lounge I get twice the speed on 2.4G compared to 5G.

Last edited:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I use tp-link Deco M4 & M5 mesh units in our house/garden. Tried extenders originally but it was a pain in the b#m having different Wi-fi names - mesh does away with that as Revolvor said. Great coverage for the hedgehog cams, and in the ‘van parked on the drive in front of the house. (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I use tp-link Deco M4 & M5 mesh units in our house/garden. Tried extenders originally but it was a pain in the b#m having different Wi-fi names - mesh does away with that as Revolvor said. Great coverage for the hedgehog cams, and in the ‘van parked on the drive in front of the house. (y)
my range extenders use the same network SSID and password

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Ubiquiti are pretty much as good as it gets, someone like broadband buyers can supply them with your existing routers name and password pre programmed so no faffing about, or you can buy a controller and set everything up yourself.

They will also do pre programmed out door a/p's we have one on top of the MH so get wifi up to 300m

Broken Link Removed

Thet also do dray Tek routers which are very good, if you get a quality Teltonika 4g router for the MH you can also set the same network name and password so all you devices will just work without having to search for networks etc

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Just sign into the router / extenders via your browser and change the network names and passwords to all be the same.

Router default is normally 192.168.1.1

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
We piggybacked a couple of old TP-Link routers to our main router. We also use powerline adapters for ethernet connections.
I needed to improve my home network due to increased time WFH
A TP link Powerline kit has done so much better than previous WiFi repeating that I wish I’d dipped my toe into the Ethernet “repeating” so much earlier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back