Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Newbie but 25 Years towing.
I can't believe that a light hearted OP has descended into this bun fight..

Those of you lucky enough to be retired and able to spend your Winters in sunnier climes, - go ahead and enjoy it and ignore the negative comments.:thumb:

I do agree.
Such Fun Such Fun!
:roflmto:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Don't know why you're all getting so aerated -

It'll all be over by Friday!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Catherine

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I can't believe that a light hearted OP has descended into this bun fight..
Those of you lucky enough to be retired and able to spend your Winters in sunnier climes, - go ahead and enjoy it and ignore the negative comments.:thumb:
I didn't think it was anything other than a bit of fun. Perhaps I'll have to read the thread again.:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We all live different lives, and for many years now we have chosen to find some sunshine over Christmas / New Year. When I was working we went to the Canary Islands being self employed and having no work at that time of the year. :Smile:

One of the reasons we got a motorhome was to live our life as we do now, and to be honest we never thought we could stay on a site, parked a couple of meters away from our neighbours, :winky: we are country folk, and would never buy a house over looked and crammed into an housing estate. :ROFLMAO:

When we pull into these sites in Spain, its a bit like coming home, and meet up with friends that we have met in previous years. Where we are at the moment in Javea it is a nightmare just walking around finding the pitch you want, because everyone wants to chat, and all you want to do is get sorted and get set up.

A lot stay here 3 or 4 months, we only stay a month and like to see and try something different, but it is a little tearful when people move on, but like us they will be back again next year. :whatthe:

Today we had the site staff come around at midday, giving everyone a Christmas present, in my case a nice bottle of Red Wine :thumb: and then all invited to a party with loads of wine and beer and Paella and then the Karaoke started and is still going on in drunken English Spanish German Dutch French and so on, :Doh: so we then moved to a friends caravan, as their singing is nowhere as good as the funsters choir, I put it down to not having a enough Welsh amongst us. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still seems like its going to be a long night, :winky: but another sunny day tomorrow.:thumb: Bob, Jane and Izzy :Smile:

Oh nearly forgot wi fi €5 for 7 days and €18 for 30 days smile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I STARTED THIS BECAUSE I AM BLOODY JEALOUS cos we are still in UK and you lot down there are not helping me prepare for a HAPPY CHRISTMAS cos I am cold and you are not and keep reminding me :Tongue1::Tongue1:
We were in Zahora etc in Jan Feb this year , fabulous and are heading south in the new year , so there :Smile::thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Why does my mind return the
"Peace in our time!"
Then The EU is the only way to a better UK?
Then the euro is best for Europe and the UK?
The open door immigration policy is good for Britain!
Now we have Scotland heading for the exit?

No my head is not in the sand and nor should yours.

Sitting on a beach with a semi befuddled brain may be some peoples vision of heaven but not mine.:beerchug:
Tin Hat On! :imoutahere::imoutahere:

in the immortal works of dads army we are all doomed :Sad:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I STARTED THIS BECAUSE I AM BLOODY JEALOUS cos we are still in UK and you lot down there are not helping me prepare for a HAPPY CHRISTMAS cos I am cold and you are not and keep reminding me :Tongue1::Tongue1:
We were in Zahora etc in Jan Feb this year , fabulous and are heading south in the new year , so there :Smile::thumb:

It's gone cold here now - it's 19.24 here and I've just had to close the van door as I was getting a bit chilly - well it was close the door or put my cardi on! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you visiting us gippo's this year Larry? - you know you want to :winky::winky::winky::winky:

Had a quick count this afternoon and we have 12 FUNster vans on site at the moment with a few more expected in the next few weeks.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Funny you should say that:winky: I lived in Cyprus for a while, large ex-pat community. Few were alcoholics before they arrived but many drunk themselves to an early departure.
Long term stays in warmer climbs can do this without warning. Sounds like something to beware of staying in motorhomes as it does in apartments.:wine:

bloody cheek i aint a alcoholics i dont have any problems drinking and i never have my 1st drink till at least 9am :roflmto:
and like alf garrent always said teetotallers when you wake up thats the best ya gonna feel all day :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

It's gone cold here now - it's 19.24 here and I've just had to close the van door as I was getting a bit chilly - well it was close the door or put my cardi on! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you visiting us gippo's this year Larry? - you know you want to :winky::winky::winky::winky:

Had a quick count this afternoon and we have 12 FUNster vans on site at the moment with a few more expected in the next few weeks.

No firm plans yet Marie, but at end of Jan/early Feb will head down through Portugal to the Algarve and then into Spain depending on weather.
Have fun and keep warm :thumb:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

You forgot to mention rain, or havnt you had any? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::Smile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
maybe its also the fact we have families that we get away from it all and is there a point to having a mh and staying in a muddy field here in the uk where most people even at xmas time are miserable because it is wet and cold
and where here can you find nice company on the roundabouts as you travel :roflmto:

Never been to Newcastle on Tyne:Angry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
To all of you on club 50-90 :ROFLMAO: have a lovely time, happy Christmas and New Year. I would imagine you have all worked hard and earned your retirement and spending it in the company of like minded Funsters in Spain is better for you than the cold and damp of here so

Happy Christmas

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

It's gone cold here now - it's 19.24 here and I've just had to close the van door as I was getting a bit chilly - well it was close the door or put my cardi on! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(snip)

Right you. Can't say you weren't warned.

This is what PP has escaped from and why she needs the sun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• ppschool.jpg
    ppschool.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 31
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Why does my mind return the
"Peace in our time!"
Then The EU is the only way to a better UK?
Then the euro is best for Europe and the UK?
The open door immigration policy is good for Britain!
Now we have Scotland heading for the exit?

No my head is not in the sand and nor should yours.

Sitting on a beach with a semi befuddled brain may be some peoples vision of heaven but not mine.:beerchug:
Tin Hat On! :imoutahere::imoutahere:

There's always something to be grateful for..wether it's the sun or sangria or just that some people are not here....:RollEyes:

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Newbie but 25 Years towing.
Spain

There's always something to be grateful for..wether it's the sun or sangria or just that some people are not here....:RollEyes:

Just looked at your blog.

Almost every photo is of someone holding a glass aloft. Bottles of wine and glasses of wine and beer.
I rest my case.
:wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
:thumb:
I've just realised the real reason you are there. You're waiting for the Poundland sale before you come back :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I went into poundland for the first time last weekend,i could not belive it how i have been conned by the big 4 for years.
Items i know would cost £4 in others --£1 in there, i now check her shopping list,and cross out the big 4 and fill in Aldi and pounstrecher

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I've just realised the real reason you are there. You're waiting for the Poundland sale before you come back :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No Graham over here we have what is known as Chinese shonet shops just the same crap as Poundland but cheaper.

If they have a New Year sale they will have to give it away (not sure they could )

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
To all of you on club 50-90 :ROFLMAO: have a lovely time, happy Christmas and New Year. I would imagine you have all worked hard and earned your retirement and spending it in the company of like minded Funsters in Spain is better for you than the cold and damp of here so

Happy Christmas

Its their age you know, the bones , the joints all need the heat of the sun , poor old buggers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I should know

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
:thumb:
I went into poundland for the first time last weekend,i could not belive it how i have been conned by the big 4 for years.
Items i know would cost £4 in others --£1 in there, i now check her shopping list,and cross out the big 4 and fill in Aldi and pounstrecher

Watch out though. Quite a few items sold by the £1/99p shops are on sale for about 80p in places like Home Bargains and B&M. Tight? Me? No just careful :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

Knuckledragger and I are probably popping in, especially as the trees have been cut back !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Just looked at your blog.

Almost every photo is of someone holding a glass aloft. Bottles of wine and glasses of wine and beer.
I rest my case.
:wine::wine::wine::wine::wine::wine:

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, was just out stocking up.....on Gin & sun tan lotion....:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::RollEyes::roflmto:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Dear Bill and Shirl..........

I don't like your blog :winky:

It just makes me want to FINISH WORK NOW AND SET OFF :shout:

Well done you two :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I don't like your blog :winky:

It just makes me want to FINISH WORK NOW AND SET OFF :shout:

Well done you two :thumb:

Don't be fooled.:whatthe:

His real name is Wolfie and he and Shirl live in a council flat in Tooting.:Eeek:

Pete:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back