Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Help
just used the truck for the first time since winter skiing trip, there is now what can only be described as a sulpher smell but we can not find out where it has come from, they only thing I can think of is when we cleaned and chlorinated the fresh water tank the chemical has distrupted the silt in the bottom of the waste tanks.
any thoughts as to this problem would be welcome:cry::cry:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi andy
That smell is from 'stuff' in your waste tank, pour a bucket of water and disinfectant
down your sink and drain the tank straight away. Smell should be gone. :thumb:

regards....nige

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
A sulfur or rotten egg smell is usually associated with a bacteria that grows in the hot water tank when it sits unused. You could chlorinate the tank (same way as you chlorinate the rest of the fresh water system) leave for a few hours, empty the tank, then flush. I've also found that continuous flushing for an extended time can help.

Regular flushing of the tank will help prevent recurrence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

J

Jules8888

Deleted User
Stop Smells - Keep Your Waste Tap Open

Hi,

On my Hymer I leave the tap on the waste tank open after draining and when driving. Close that tap before doing the dishes or showering.
Storing the van......leave that tap open. Sweet smells to ya,

Jules

Jul 5, 2008
Funster No
Help
just used the truck for the first time since winter skiing trip, there is now what can only be described as a sulpher smell but we can not find out where it has come from, they only thing I can think of is when we cleaned and chlorinated the fresh water tank the chemical has distrupted the silt in the bottom of the waste tanks.
any thoughts as to this problem would be welcome:cry::cry:

Have a look at your leisure battery. Ours suddenly started smelling last year and had to be replaced.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back