Width may not be an issue anymore

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Road Runner, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +1,459
  2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Ratings:
    +4,325
    Great news xxxxxx

3. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +70
    Yes congratulations to the RVDA on this change in legistration, however I suspect that some will try to exceed even these dimensions as they have done so in the past!

Regards Pat

4. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +9,175
    Hope this turns out to be correct
    I'd love to bring my National home from the states when we finish touring.
    The only problem is it's petrol.
    But I suppose the saving in what I paid would more than pay for an LPG conversion.

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Take it back Rory and re negotiate for gas conversion,
    you know thats not beyond you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Geo

6. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +9,175
    I would Geo but as far as I know there is'nt anyone in the states doing LPG conversions. When I tell them we do it in the UK their amazed, but they've been used to cheap fuel, might change now.
    Come to think of it might be a nice little business opportunity there fancy, doing some conversion work in Florida Geo.
    This time next year we could be Millionaires :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

7. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +70
    Hi Rory,

I believe that they do conversions in Canada I remember someone telling me that years ago when I wanted to import from USA, He actually said that the Canadian conversions were far superior to the ones over here!

Here's one! technocarb.com - EPA Certified LPG Conversion Kits

Don't shoot me as I'm only the messenger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mind you things may have changed in the meantime!

Regards Pat

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  8. Tandy

Tandy Funster

Ratings:
    +26
    Date?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Does anybody have any idea when these "rules" will be updated? Does anyone know how Jannie convinced the DVLA that her RV was not over the legal UK width.:cry:

Darren (motorhome medics) had a phone call on Tuesday from the DVLA saying they want to measure our RV and the next available time in next wednesday!!!
    [​IMG]

We have just imported the exact same model as Jannie ( a gulfstream sunvoyager se 8292) and I am dreading that we will have the same problems that she did[​IMG]

Anyhow theres nothing I can do about it except wait and keep my fingers crossed[​IMG]

BUT if anyone has any tips or helpful suggestions I could pass on to Darren I would be most gratefull (I have full confidence in him, but can't stand waiting around doing nothing)
    Thanks,
    Andy

9. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +17
    :Cool: Yes they do. But very difficult to find in a decent location. Most fit the Kits themselves. We actually met some (looked like rednecks) guys who were filling up tanks in the back of their pick-up. Asked him where they had the conversion fitted? They said they had made their own. :Eeek:

10. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +113
    RV Width Issues

Hi Andy

On the RV Fulltimers website recently a chap called Paul Chatwin (UKRV) published a draft document which he had obtained from the Dept for Transport.

Among other items of interest - it stated (IN DRAFT FORM) that motorhome width limits were to be raised from 2.55m(100½ inches) to 2.6m (102 inches).

Apparently this draft document is to go forward for approval in April next year - BUT I hasten to add that it is still in draft form.

Have I got it through to everybody that this is NOT yet accepted in law - as far as I understand - it is still under discussion and a final decision has yet to be made.

You will probably have to take the following link to pieces in order to get to the document - I had to - but I did eventually end up with the information that I wanted to see.

<here>

I'm sorry if the link doesn't work as it stands but I'm sure that some computer buff on here will be able to correct it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008