wide necked colapsable water carrier (1 Viewer)

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Can anyone suggest where I could get a colapsable water carrier that would take a submersible pump as new van fitted with whale water system and don't want an aquarole and the carriers I have the necks are too narrow

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Even bigger one here 200914741897

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Had a couple of these collapsible carriers for the same job but to be honest if used regularly they don't last very long. Everyone we had eventually cracked and leaked on the seam where they fold. In the end got a 25 litre plastic barrel from Go Outdoors had it a couple of years now no problems, and the whale pump drops in easily. Bit big I know but it'll never let us down like the collapsibles.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Had a couple of these collapsible carriers for the same job but to be honest if used regularly they don't last very long. Everyone we had eventually cracked and leaked on the seam where they fold. In the end got a 25 litre plastic barrel from Go Outdoors had it a couple of years now no problems, and the whale pump drops in easily. Bit big I know but it'll never let us down like the collapsibles.
Yeah agree with that, had one a couple of years ago, filled it with wine in bordoux brought it all the way home, left it on the side in the kitchen , next morning it had split and we had wine all over the floor:doh::doh: But you did ask for one so thought you know what you want , and to be fair these on eBay do look stronger than the one we had.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, we have the same system as you. We have an eBay collaspable but sadly the necks not big enough so we just tip the water into a collaspable bucket and pump from there. The whale pump is quite big.

We also use an hose with the whale pump on one end, again an eBay purchase 2nd hand. For when we are next to a tap. Good luck

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Hi Mousy
used van for first time at the weekend and was next to a tap so was not a problem except I expected the water to cut off when the on board tank was full and sadly it did not so just poured out the overflow !!!
I also have a 25ltre collapsible water carrier which cant get pump into (still to buy a pump as did not come with the van) so maybe get a collapsible bucket and see how we get on, what size bucket you use as have a couple of small ones but did see 15 litre ones somewhere

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back