Wicked Campers! (1 Viewer)

News

NewsHound
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Notorious Campervan Hire Company Declares W.A.R. on the East Coast of Australia

<!-- Body --> Wicked Campers, the Australian Campervan Hire company infamous for renting out loud and brightly painted camper vans to budget conscious backpackers will be creating a colourful spectacle along the East Coast of Australia in November 2007 with an event dubbed the "Wicked Adventure Rally".

Brisbane, Australia (PRWEB) October 24, 2007 -- The Wicked Adventure Rally is set to be 12 days of fun and adventure, touring along the east coast of Australia from Brisbane to Sydney then inland towards Melbourne. The event will be held from 5th - 16th November 2007. A $500 prize is up for grabs for the winning team. Interested parties can register their teams through the Link Removed website.

When asked how the rally came about, Dave Kinkead, General Manager for Wicked Campers said "We thought an organised adventure rally would be a great opportunity for travelers and adventure-seekers to experience a real Australian roadtrip, seeing a lot of places on and off the beaten track, while also getting some great deals on accommodation and attractions along the way. We are also sure to get a lot of attention along the way with our brightly coloured vans touring in an expected convoy of around 40 vehicles".

Mr Kinkead stresses that this is not a speed race, rather an opportunity to join other like-minded individuals to travel a corner of Australia together, and potentially win $500. Entrants will gain points through challenges over the course of the journey, rather than a first past the post winner. The team who gains the most points during the event will win the first prize and there will be other prizes and giveaways up for grabs.

The Wicked Adventure Rally kicks off in Brisbane on November 5th, 2007. Stops during the first week include Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Newcastle, with the first week culminating in Sydney. Rally entrants are given two days off on the Saturday and Sunday to rest and take in the sights in and around the Sydney region, resuming in Canberra on the Monday. The second week of the rally will tour through country NSW and Victoria, passing through the border town of Albury-Wondonga then making a beeline for Bendigo. Contestants will be treated to spectacular views along the Great Ocean Road before heading into Melbourne on the last day, 16th November, 2007.
Special pricing applies for the Wicked Adventure Rally with hire rates starting from $25/day. Call 1800 2468 69 to book your van and register your team for the W.A.R. at the Link Removed.

About the Company: Wicked Campers are an Australian Campervan Hire company focused on serving the budget end of the backpacker market. Eye catching designs and affordable pricing set Wicked apart in a crowded market. Since opening for business in 2001 with a single depot and less than a dozen vans, Wicked has grown to 14 depots in 4 countries and well in excess of 600 vans worldwide. Wicked also have extensive photo and video galleries on their website, as well as a repository of traveler's stories submitted by previous customers.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have seen a couple of these "Wicked" rental cars in the UK. I saw one with a superb paint job on roof and all sides dedicated to "James Brown" (The soul singer, not me) Its a great idea, the cars are so eye-catching that I am sure they are very popular with younger drivers. I wonder what insurance excess they have to pay though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back