Wi-fi security system is 'broken' (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
More holes have been picked in the security measure designed to protect the privacy and data of wi-fi users.

For full story see here:

BBC

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Sharon been talked about for ages, all the routers I have bought in the last 3 years have WPA which is better but still not foolproof.

I don't think this is really a concern for joe public as even WEP needs a bit of savvy to break. So I would think its the big companies who are most at risk.

Olley

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't think this is really a concern for joe public as even WEP needs a bit of savvy to break. So I would think its the big companies who are most at risk.
I would reckon that's right. I have our wireless system set up to allow access only to specified MAC addresses, but that can be bypassed as well by anyone who really wants to. Living in a quiet suburb I'm not really concerned.

I think our local NHS Trust demonstrated the most comprehensive security installation when they implemented stacks of portable devices using WiFi in a hospital where the composition of the steel and concrete in the walls blocks all WiFi signals, making the devices useless. Never mind, they only cost 3 grand each :Eeek:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If its electrical, Digital or logic based it will never be fool proof!
There are a world full of hackers out there and most of them are better than the people their trying to hack!

Even NASAs most secret information was hacked several years ago and was found by a guy in the Uk in a spam email!
Turned out it was Russian students in Germany!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Heh guy's don't worry when you've got your ID cards you'll know who you are and they will be TOTALLY secure:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back