LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Has anybody got a Whyte E150RS mountain bike, or had one or knows someone who has one. Good and bad. (y)

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Looked at the 150 but it was too much of a monster for what I wanted and went for a 130 works instead

I think that they are lovely, well designed and spec'd bikes, and UK designed for UK conditions

Edit - ah, just realised that the E is as in electric, now that'll be quite something

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Has anybody got a Whyte E150RS mountain bike, or had one or knows someone who has one. Good and bad. (y)

The daughter has a 120 I think.

She says it’s well built etc just a big lump of iron to tread around ?

Oops as above didn’t see the E ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I've got a white Marin Tiburon ... does that count? :doh: :imoutahere:
1588338651790.png

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Yes it’s in the E bike range. Looks good and has good reviews, just wanted some real reviews from folks that have got one. (y)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Also interested to see replies as also on my shortlist with the Cube Sterio Hybrid, Cannondale Moterra 2 and the Focus Jam2.Been very happy with my Whyte T129S and am going to to ride the e150 next week at Bedgebury

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Also interested to see replies as also on my shortlist with the Cube Sterio Hybrid, Cannondale Moterra 2 and the Focus Jam2.Been very happy with my Whyte T129S and am going to to ride the e150 next week at Bedgebury
Just check out the reviews on utube and ebike forum EMTB can’t wait to get mine. I Have ordered the Whyte E150 RS(y)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Disappointing that Whyte don't do more exciting colours and its a shame the cables are left hanging under the bottom bracket but it does get very good reviews. There is so much choice though and also like the look of the Orbea Wild FS.

I'll probably wait until Autumn in the hope of a deal. A lot of this years stock has been delayed so it will arrive just when everyone starts thinking about 2021. I also really hope I don't get lazy and forget my analogue bike!

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Disappointing that Whyte don't do more exciting colours and its a shame the cables are left hanging under the bottom bracket but it does get very good reviews. There is so much choice though and also like the look of the Orbea Wild FS.

I'll probably wait until Autumn in the hope of a deal. A lot of this years stock has been delayed so it will arrive just when everyone starts thinking about 2021. I also really hope I don't get lazy and forget my analogue bike!

The reason the cable is underneath is because they tilted the motor to get such a god balance. I know what your saying though, it is a concern but not enough to put me off. As for the colours, I actually like them especially the blue RS which looks different in different lights. As for choice there is so much out there and you guarantee the minute you buy one you will see something else you like.And things change so quick so your bikes old in a year. I wish I could keep my Cube but it is going in the classified soon, funds towards new bike.There are deals out there now.(y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

2021 stock for some makes are in the shops now and supplies are limited.

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Great news. How are you enjoying the new bike?
Phil

it’s great, not had a lot of time on it because of work. Just getting used to it at the moment because it’s so different to my other bikes I have had. Then I will be hitting the bike park. Will keep you updated.(y)

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I can’t explain how much I love this bike.I have been down the bike park Coed Y Brenin ( check it out on UTube) now at least once a week on days off. The trails are my sort of riding. The bike is really starting to feel part of me, sometimes a bit to much or maybe that’s just me going a bit to fast. If anyone is in the market for a new E mountain bike, you would not go wrong in getting a Whyte.
4311388B-D446-47C0-ABF6-4240C0D46FB9.jpeg

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
That`s a lot of money tied up in a Bicycle?. My 60 year Old Raleigh is still going?. Not often as I run out of Puff. Can you put an Electric motor on them?.

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
That`s a lot of money tied up in a Bicycle?. My 60 year Old Raleigh is still going?. Not often as I run out of Puff. Can you put an Electric motor on them?.

Do you have any hobbies, how much do they cost, I have been into mountain biking for years and yes it’s a lot of money. I had a big birthday in May and wanted a new bike so that’s what I had. Could I afford it, not really, do I regret buying it, No. You never know when your number is up, I believe in enjoying while I am here. (y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Do you have any hobbies, how much do they cost, I have been into mountain biking for years and yes it’s a lot of money. I had a big birthday in May and wanted a new bike so that’s what I had. Could I afford it, not really, do I regret buying it, No. You never know when your number is up, I believe in enjoying while I am here. (y)
Should have put the Emoji on the end. My interests are different, (I am currently refurbishing a 50 year old car) but I have Respect for yours. And my Question about the Raleigh was actually serious?. I find on the odd occasion I do use it I run out of "puff" long before I have got anywhere, but the usage would not justify the purchase for me. So adding a Motor, as we did back in the "Dark Ages", remember the power packs, Little I-C motors that ran on the wheel. an electric equivalent would be one way to do it?.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
You might struggle to get one at the monent
To get one What?, A bike or conversion?. I got intrigued so I googled. It seems there are conversions online. Price point between £150 and £ the stratosphere!. Food for thought Though?. But will they do one for 60 year old Raleigh`s?.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I can’t explain how much I love this bike.I have been down the bike park Coed Y Brenin ( check it out on UTube) now at least once a week on days off. The trails are my sort of riding. The bike is really starting to feel part of me, sometimes a bit to much or maybe that’s just me going a bit to fast. If anyone is in the market for a new E mountain bike, you would not go wrong in getting a Whyte.
View attachment 432909
Got to say it..that is one stunningly beautiful bike that looks more than capable. :cool:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
To get one What?, A bike or conversion?. I got intrigued so I googled. It seems there are conversions online. Price point between £150 and £ the stratosphere!. Food for thought Though?. But will they do one for 60 year old Raleigh`s?.
A bike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back