Rally Chat Why the Ban ? Who's interest does this serve. (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
Copied from Facebook
"Ballard School, New Milton.
This is a thank you and a reminder to the many members who have supported New Forest DA at the above site over more than 25 years. Due to new regulations around site proximity to Sites of Special Scientific Interest the New Firest District Council will no longer allow camping on the sports field at Ballard School. Please see Out and About for our THS in June and August which also gives my contact details."

The school site is surrounded by public foot paths, so what is the problem with a few campers.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
A sports field full of supporters.
The mind boggles!
The new forest law lol

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since Mother was a lad.
Obviously makes sense to include Heathrow in the LEZ because the planes don’t polute that much do they?????
Yes, that was the point being made.

There are some curious approaches to saving the planet - I used to recycle all my supermarket plastic shopping bags as garden weed bags, rubbish bags and domestic bin liners so now I buy rolls of bin liners. :rolleyes:
Plus ça change.............

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It could be banned for any reason from a local councilor or relative/friend not liking the look of motorhomes and caravans to someone thinking it would be a vote winner to a local caravan site not liking competition or whatever.

OP
W
May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
From Facebook today it would appear that the THS at Breaware house & Wareham have been banned along with Ballard school site.
If this continues into other areas,we will not have many sites to use in the future. It seems Natural England has a hand in these decisions.
Perhaps we should be lobbying the CCC & CCM to act in our interest with this organisation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH

Funsters who are viewing this thread