why so dear here? (1 Viewer)

Bagofsand

Free Member
Feb 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
To be built
Exp
So i am getting the long list of stuff for the forthcoming lorry conversion, i have been looking at Aircon and the uk price for a 15000 btu roof mounted system is about £2300 yet the usa version is $800 thats a big bit of change even with import duties and a 110v transformer. WHY?

OP
OP
B

Bagofsand

Free Member
Feb 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
To be built
Exp
true but Oh Please! thats still a hell of a leg lift.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect it is because the European market is much smaller and therefore they don't sell as many. I guess A/C is a standard fitting on most US RVs but its the opposite here.

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
It's probably a tariff imposed by the EU. :)

When I was looking at wood burners, I found a great one in Canada, but they wanted more than the cost of the burner to ship it here. I didn't even look at tax and duties. I ended up buying a British made one, and it is great - looks good as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
(This is Sedge)

About 23 years ago visiting Florida there was a Leisure shop quite near where we stayed in Orlando so being as we had been campers since before we were married and by this time owned a caravan thought we'd have a look in there, just to see if the Americans had anything different. One of the things they had were A/C units for vans to take away and fit at your leisure and even the huge ones about 6ft long that you'd fit on a ruddy great long RV were under £100 when you converted the price. The only thing that stopped us investing was that we weren't on EHU on the site!

Oh - there was the restriction of 33kgs baggage allowance too - but that's only a minor point LOL

So - nowt's changed!

• Funny
Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back