LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It's just a joke. Brian keeps telling me I should go over to sample the delights of Belgium :)

Ahh thought I found someone from the old country all be it I'm only a quater Belgium :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Why do people that don't understand people having fun post asking why people do things for fun?

I don't understand (cross out as appropriate ;)) why people :-

Fly flags
BBQ
Shower in their vans
Pee and poo in their vans
Tow anything
Use inverters
Use coffee makers
Use hair dryers
Pay to stay on campsites
Have dogs
Use satellite TV
Use normal TV
Pay anyone to install things

I am sure that I will have missed a few things off, :ROFLMAO:

For the record I love putting flags up when we're staying in. Place for a couple of days and I've time to waste pottering round.

My preference is a massive St George's cross, with FUN bunting

:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Pay anyone to install things

fortunate for you Eddie that they do ;)

in full agreement.. if you have to ask why someone does such and such for fun, you probably won't get it ..

PS you forgot .. wearing Crocs... now that I don't 'get' :LOL:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
PS you forgot .. wearing Crocs... now that I don't 'get' :LOL:
I was "persuaded" to buy a pair of croc-a-likes (wouldn't pay the inflated price for the real ones) several years ago but never wore them for ages, just left them in the van. For some reason I did try them one day and now find them comfortable for the van. Even bought a pair without holes in to avoid wet feet from morning dew :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was "persuaded" to buy a pair of croc-a-likes (wouldn't pay the inflated price for the real ones) several years ago but never wore them for ages, just left them in the van. For some reason I did try them one day and now find them comfortable for the van. Even bought a pair without holes in to avoid wet feet from morning dew :)

a lost cause I fear.. :(

but no holes is good, prevents dribbles from the cassette when carrying it splashing your feet.. and you can hose off at the tap..

I'm a flip flop person.. :D

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Need to get flags made: "I was gassed" and "Don't be so stupid, its impossible" That would make for an interesting rally lol

And who is going to say that they were gassed? It is always "my mate's cousin's postman" or some other tenuous link. Maybe you could try and find some Daily Mail "victims" to come and look glum for us, providing you can give them a hook up for their 4 berth MH as all 15 of the occupants will need to be able to charge their latest iPhone thingys, iPads, xboxes and other items replaced with the insurance money ....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
84px-Semaphore_Mike.svg.png
84px-Semaphore_Hotel.svg.png
84px-Semaphore_Foxtrot.svg.png

MHF :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
a lost cause I fear.. :(

but no holes is good, prevents dribbles from the cassette when carrying it splashing your feet.. and you can hose off at the tap..

I'm a flip flop person.. :D
Put me down as being a lost cause - I wear my crocs more than any other footwear during the summer hol. The only downside being is that they are cr*p on wet floors - too slippery :(

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Thanks for all you interesting responses, I can understand a wee saltire pennant on the radio aerial (indeed have one on my touring motorcycle) but I've still not got huge flagpoles and banners

Have a great summer all

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Need to get flags made: "I was gassed" and "Don't be so stupid, its impossible" That would make for an interesting rally lol

Who would be brave enough to fly this one :ROFLMAO:

dump flag.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
And who is going to say that they were gassed? It is always "my mate's cousin's postman" or some other tenuous link. Maybe you could try and find some Daily Mail "victims" to come and look glum for us, providing you can give them a hook up for their 4 berth MH as all 15 of the occupants will need to be able to charge their latest iPhone thingys, iPads, xboxes and other items replaced with the insurance money ....
This flag flying dosent always work to the good of the 'flyer'. I seem to recall some Argentinian halfwit so called 'special forces' goon taking down The Union Flag at The Governors Residence at Port Stanley, and replacing it with a blue and white snot rag, with a picture of the wife's 'shining sun' garden ornament in the middle. :mad:
It wasn't there for very long. (y)(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I always used to fly a flag so I could find my van in the middle of all the other white vans when at a rally or meet :) Now I can never hammer hard enought to get the pole in the ground and need a strong man or woman handy .... don't like mithering people.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I always used to fly a flag so I could find my van in the middle of all the other white vans when at a rally or meet :) Now I can never hammer hard enought to get the pole in the ground and need a strong man or woman handy .... don't like mithering people.
Wrong club.....

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
There you are, the little clown fish thingy on top only flies when our gorgeous little grand-daughter is with us :) And being a caring sort of chappie I do drop them at night so no flapping to annoy neighbours.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 34

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
I want a funster flag now...but as in @movans words...I also need a strong man to help...maybe Joy & I need a big sign on our moho windscreen advertising the fact...what d'ya reckon Joy? ;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I want a funster flag now...but as in @movans words...I also need a strong man to help...maybe Joy & I need a big sign on our moho windscreen advertising the fact...what d'ya reckon Joy? ;)
"Muscles" Movan was only having you on you know :D

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..

how do they fix firmly into the ground, do you need a spike thing to fix them in to? attached my pole flying a colourful dragon windsock to the wing mirror at a festival once with a bungee strap and someone pinched the whole thing during the night..:(

love seeing all the different flags flying, 'tis fun, but don't need it to find my little van, being red it stands out like a sore thumb amongst all the posh white ones..:LOL:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks for all you interesting responses, I can understand a wee saltire pennant on the radio aerial (indeed have one on my touring motorcycle) but I've still not got huge flagpoles and banners

Have a great summer all

OMG a flag on a motorbike I've heard it all now that worse than wearing Crocs.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:wink::wink::wink::wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back