Why on Earth Fly a flag (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
One of the few things you could do on a busy campsite without running the risk annoying anyone else I should think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If it's good enough for them, its good enough for me.

jublilee2_2243057b.jpg

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
I fly two Burnley flags at Cabopino thru the winter & no end of fellow Clarets call in for a beer & a chat.

Also I fly my RAF roundel in early November..lest the others forget.

They also give a good indication of wind direction.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I haven't got one but I quite like them.

Quite a few people around here have enormous flag poles in their gardens and fly the cross of St George and the Union Jack.

I think that's a bit much but a few flags outside the van is fun

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Would the other side of it be dark by any chance? :)

The other ones show a bit of a lack of imagination :whistle::sneaky:;)

full marks.. a dark side pennant from around 2003.. when it was good forum ..

the others are just dusters for polishing .. I have some new ones for the next outing :D

Reactions: GJH

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
What about those flag poles with the LED lights flashing. Has anyone had any experience of them. Light pollution to the Nth degree ..................it brings camping under the stars a new angle.
:Eeek::doh:

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/347305/Now-you-won-t-break-the-law-when-flying-the-flag

Nothing, unless of course you attract the wrath of some of our "British" Brothers who we mustn't offend!!:mad:

Do you mean like the OP ? My Asian friends think flying a flag is great and can't understand why some say ( white British ) we shouldn't fly a national flag in case we upset somebody .
A local radio station had a discussion on this at world cup time and several Asians called in and said they would be flying George cross to support the England football team . some also said that when Pakistan played cricket they would fly the Pakistani flag .

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Flags certainly are popular with motorhomers. Never is there a show without one or two stalls selling flags and poles. The one at the NEC the other week had a massive queue. As for Swingers, there is a flag I saw last year designed to look like a swimming sperm, the seller sold out :)
If the seller has sold out, I suppose I could just use my bed sheet.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I remember thinking it was a good idea to put a flag on the top of our tent at the Bulldog Bash so we could find it in a beer and laughing gas stumble on the way back,,,,,, However..... about thirty thousand other campers thought the same.:laughing:
:doh:
We spent the first night in someone else's tent - when we finally got back to ours there were people in that too.:clap2:
If it brightens up peoples day then I'm all for it.

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'm too shy to fly a flag and hubby too unsociable, I won't even put a funster symbol on the window in case someone talks to us.;)

I shouldn't worry on that score - I had a Fun sticker on my MH windscreen for a full year and nobody ever spoke to me. Mind you we don't see many other Brits on our holidays, let alone Brits with old school Acid House Rave stickers on their vehicles.

nirvana_rave_smiley_face_acid_house.jpg

I don't have a sticker on my windscreen any more because I'm quite happy not to talk with other Brits when abroad, miserable git that I am :p

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just done some research. It is St Quintin for sneezes. And dropsy too, should you be so afflicted. Just wanted to set the record straight. Achoo!
sneeze.gif

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We'll mixed views then, isn't the flag noisy when its flapping about all night? or do you take them down when you go to bed?
You weren't in the scouts then ? :)

Only someone from Devon could post that:rolleyes: The thing that keeps us going in Devon is what's at the other side(y)

Somerset ? :LOL:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Used to have VW campers and go to a lot of VW shows/ events and if you have ever been to one you will know how many flags are flying. It's a great sight to see them all. At the end of the day if you don't like the idea don't fly one but understand we are not all the same, some of us like to fly flags. (y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
In the past I have read about local councils prosecuting the perpetrator.

You need all manner of permissions to be patriotic.

I think the misquote should be PERSECUTED.???

BTW. In Texas, flying a flag at Night is only allowed if it is Floodlit!!!.

Which Is Why I run my generator all night. To flood light my YORKSHIRE Flaggggggg!:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Pete

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I sometimes fly a flag, in fact I have a few different ones, when we are on a diving trip we fly a fish, a pirate flag or my club flag.
At the end of the day isn't this about doing what you want to do and enjoying your time as you want to?
I don't like bacon but wouldn't think about questioning why others eat it on their breakfast when I prefer sausage?
Guna keep my eye out for those swingers flags, maybe they want to share my sausage hehehe ya see doesnt it feel better to laugh instead of worrying about someone's green, yellow or even sperm shaped flag they chose to fly?

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
o shit I fly 4 flag poles with lights on them in the night as well if you are going to chester come on over have a beer or two cant miss us Swansea city flag shit happens flag welsh flag also a 3foot leek and a large daffodil only one life lol ray flagging on this reply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back