Why is my Avtex TV upside down? (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
My Autotrail Tracker has a drop down Avtex TV overhead in the cab. I have always thought it was upside down as the sensore light is at the top of the TV. This has never been a problem until now when I have wanted to use an Amazon Firestick in it, the problem being the USB and HDMI sockets are also along the top and it is really awkward to get the stick into the port. I know Avtex has a really good customer service which I will use if I dont get enlightenment on here but I just wandered if anyone else who has a drop down TV in their MH cab and has come across this or is your TV the right way up, is it just a thing which Autotrail do with TV's?

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Yes found this out when I removed my drop down tv in my Autotrailā€¦ being upside down that is.

So I thought being an electrician would be easy to convert the right way up in my new van as it looked like it was just the rear cover and spin the screen...which went all wrong as it blew up.

I then sent it back to Avtex who repaired it and but it the right way round & gave me a new controller for about Ā£70 which was really good service.

So for your issue I would buy a hdmi extension cable for a quick fix and do not try and turn it the right way up.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
It might be an Australian Avtex. Turn it upside down and say I love you Sheilagh. Sorted!

You know this site is the best place for great advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I turn ours through 90Ā° so that it's the same orientation when lying on my side. :giggle:

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Easy fix...

gI_59052_Droptest14small.png

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Shirley, there will be some more sensible answers for you soon, Funsters will generally offer help when a female is in distress. X

OP
OP
Blossom
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
I have rung and spoke to someone at Avtex and apparently it is Autotrail who required the Tvā€™s to be this way. Though he didnā€™t know why. He said he wasnā€™t sure it could be changed around because of the wires etc. Seemed much more difficult than I thought. So I will have to live with it, after all it may be awkward but no big deal really.
Thank you for the replies the post was worth it for the funny ones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back