LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
In the flip side. We have just had a weekend away for the first time without the dogs. It was a very refreshing change. (y)Lay in til WE decided to get up. Making it down the ladder without a dog sticking its nose where dogs like to stick their noses.:whistle: Slippers left on the floor and still in the same place in the morning. That said, a weekend was long enough and we missed them both. :rolleyes:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
IMG_0046.JPG
We have always had dogs with our motorhomes.

Our first two were definitely "insiders" loving the comfort.

However our present dog, while happy enough inside the motorhome, prefers to be outside watching the world go by. Do we tie her up outside all day? No! But she does spend an hour at a time outside. She lies on her bed and takes interest in the world around her.

It may also be partly due to her thick coat which often makes her prefer cooler air. When at our base in France, in mid-summer heat, she reverses the process and lies indoors in the air conditioning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I hate reading things like that. I would have probably had a pop at the "owners' if I was there. People who treat dogs like that shouldn't have them to start with.

Our motorhome is as much for the dogs as it is for us and they love it.

If we didn't have the dogs we would probably never have started. The only time our MH is ever used without the dogs is for music festivals that don't allow them anyway.

Yes we have a lot of dog hair and muddy footprints to clean up but that's part of the fun for us and I wouldn't change it for a second. (y):D

Love it. We trained our dog to wipe her feet when she comes in.:D

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Laika the wonder dog is part of our pack , she goes everywhere with us . Since having her she has changed our life's for the better .
The only downside is, she has pub constipation , she can't pass one without going in.
On a more serous note there are dogs who prefer their own company but I'm glad Laika isn't one of the.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
View attachment 129722
However our present dog, while happy enough inside the motorhome, prefers to be outside watching the world go by.

What a stunner! What breed is your dog?

Likewise, ours is fascinated by also watching the world go by, especially early mornings as people begin their daily routines on sites, she could spend hours people watching :LOL:

I can often be found sitting outside with her, regardless of the temperature, but I'll usually have a cup of coffee in hand :D

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@RogerThat
She is a German Shepherd/Border Collie cross.

A lovely temperament and easy to train as she wants to please and doesn't like being scolded.

10 years old now and slowing down a bit but still draws attention when we are out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back