why exclude tuggers (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I'm sure that some of the Aires allow caravans...I think I saw it in All The Aires Book (other books are available) can't remember which ones though!!

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
hi buttons . i like to think mine is stealth as well . i usually park up where ever i want hardly ever get asked to move . i,m sure most just see a truck. must get round to repainting the door on the side though .hee hee . but it works for me.
It's great isn't it, this is why I went for off road grey with dark windows. With the blinds down you would never know that it wasn't just a van. Works a treat.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Who are you hiding from buttons ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I'm sure that the French allow caravans...I think I saw them All over France...Yes they do

Don't Forget Buttons...The French Government already DO provide sites for tuggers and I would think there are more of those sites in France than Aires...on a lot of the sites have toilets......the people that are allowed to use them are those that tow with Cars, 4 Wheel Drive, Vans and Light Trucks like yourself...they are for travelers....(some call them Travelers sites others call them Gypsies, Tinkers, Romanies encampment sites), I would think they do not have exclusive rights to them so you should be OK....and I would say the Police / Gendarmes would certainly not move you on, also you should be able to stop for at least 1 night....or even 3 to 4 nights or even a week or two...other than the Gypsy sites you do have the Municipal campsites or the private campsites.:winky:

They are Called........Gens-de-Voyage

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm sure that the French allow caravans...I think I saw them All over France...Yes they do

Don't Forget Buttons...The French Government already DO provide sites for tuggers and I would think there are more of those sites in France than Aires...on a lot of the sites have toilets......the people that are allowed to use them are those that tow with Cars, 4 Wheel Drive, Vans and Light Trucks like yourself...they are for travelers....(some call them Travelers sites others call them Gypsies, Tinkers, Romanies encampment sites), I would think they do not have exclusive rights to them so you should be OK....and I would say the Police / Gendarmes would certainly not move you on, also you should be able to stop for at least 1 night....or even 3 to 4 nights or even a week or two...other than the Gypsy sites you do have the Municipal campsites or the private campsites.:winky:

They are Called........Gens-de-Voyage Mel

Be careful where you park if you have your door on the wrong side you could be moved on.:roflmto:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Heaven forbid!!! Tuggers on aires!!! I might end up parked next to Le Geek (Laneside) :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back