Why does it feel so different (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Sat in Betty 3 in Robin Hood Retreat (Nottinghamshire obviously) got hereally at1530 after we both finished work, got changed and walked 3 miles across very muddy fields to a pub, had the best steak and ale pie I have had in ages accompanied by a couple of glasses of rough wine All was perfect until we realised we had to do the journey back! Hey ho the mud was frozen and the moon was shining so all good, now back in the van all cosy and warm, another glass of rough. After a hard weeks work perfect !!!!!

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I was going to ask you why you weren't drinking something decent! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Currently sat in Eric the mh just chilling out watching TV with a glass of vino
Feel really chilled out and relaxed
We would be sat at home watching the same TV with the same glass of wine so why does it feel 100% better being sat in the mh!!!!
Couldn't agree more :) and also don't know why but it sure does

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We would be sat at home watching the same TV with the same glass of wine so why does it feel 100% better being sat in the mh!!!!
No washing basket/pile of ironing/elderly parent/son/daughter/grandkids/neighbours/gardening chores/need I go on.....!

Have a lovely chilling time!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Totally agree, and I have no idea why it is so much better, but it just is. FACT! :D

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We were away for a total of 5 1/2 months in 2016 and as soon as we've been home for a week we are starting to get itchy feet again.
Can't quite explain it but it seems that most of us are afflicted by the same disease.

Richard.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
On Tuesday I have to take the m/h to the Fiat Dealership 40 miles away to have a dashboard fault checked out.

As soon as I leave my driveway I will enjoy the journey. I am taking a vacuum flask of coffee and sandwiches with me so I can come back the scenic way and have a picnic in the m/h.

Again, I don't know why such things feel better in the motorhome, but they certainly do.

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Absolutely agree with Wigster, JJ and Dazzlin. Yes. I lived in it for months while working away from home, and now in Sicily for the winter. Life feels simpler in the van. Even when there are problems or challenges. Love the fact that housework takes minutes, and I can turn the kettle off while using the facilities if necessary!

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@cliffandger may go downto where you live must be very quite when you are away in your m/h ray xx lol still lol do you know it's 1-30 am go to bed :drink::wine::cheers:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@cliffandger may go downto where you live must be very quite when you are away in your m/h ray xx lol still lol do you know it's 1-30 am go to bed :drink::wine::cheers:

It would be quiet until you turned up - not sure they'de let you in..... They've heard of the leek wielding Welsh man with the killer dogs - Julia would be welcome though! (y) How are you my Little Welsh Rarebit? Good I hope - hoping to meet up before Pembrey.....!

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@cliffanger hi ger yes it will be good to meet up we will be going to Chester and newbury down to old mo shell island and loads more ray and Julia xx lol still lol :cheers::wine::drink:I don't drink and drive because you two drink it all in the night

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@SwanseaJack - We will be on our way to Italy when you are in Chester and will probably still be wandering around there when you're in Newbury..... We've booked for Misterton and Saltfleet though....... Maybe we could have a mini Welsh meet when the Severn Bridge toll fee reduces to £3! (y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Totally agree we left the hous on Friday at 5pm and just over an hour down the road and you feel as if you've been away for ages, spent 2 nights in Pooley bridge and now at Keswick.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
how was sicily, thinking of next winter.
Hi @pondfairy , a tip for you, if you want an answer from a specific funster then, if you reference their name in your post, they will get an alert.
So I have referenced you by typing an @ followed by your username.

Another thing you could do if you want to find out about Sicily, is to start a new thread in the continental touring forum.
Hope this helps, I just thought your post might get lost in this thread.:)

Reactions: CWH
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I think its because its not real you away from the ratrace you not looking at jobs need doing or whether you should cut lawn etc.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I think its because its not real you away from the ratrace you not looking at jobs need doing or whether you should cut lawn etc.
..... or maybe because at last it IS the real you, not having to compromise, co-operate and conform to the lunatic world of work and material assets - "stuff" - that we've created

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
..... or maybe because at last it IS the real you, not having to compromise, co-operate and conform to the lunatic world of work and material assets - "stuff" - that we've created

Yeah I like that description

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back