Why do the Orbitur campsites get such bad reviews? (1 Viewer)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I'm planning our next trip and we hope to go to Portugal. We prefer to stay on fully equipped camp sites so much of my research is throwing up Orbitur sites. However, the majority of these sound dreadful if the reviews are any guide. Are they really so awful? Does anyone have other sources of info?
As always, thanks for your help.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Not that bad that i have been on. Bit basic i.e. cold water only at pot washing sinks and a bit dated. Always clean though. If you want an excellent site try Touristcampo at Luz,,,Camping Cheques accepted,,lovely site...Enjoy.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have stayed in a few of them in Portugal, they seemed fine for our needs. Like all campsites it depends what you are looking for, we just want a quiet spot in nice surroundings and found a number of them were perfect for us.
We picked up a carnet book of tickets, think they were for 10 nights and worked out less than 10euros a night including hook up etc. No idea if they do this deal still as it's a few years ago, might be worth checking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A lot of the Orbitur sites are very much the same and are in pine forests. Fine for hot summer camping but not so good for winter. Check when reviews were made.

Also agree that normally the services are fairly basic. We can cope with that but some can't!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back