Why do some members have their names in green? (1 Viewer)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
They haven't yet subscribed the annual £15.
They get 5 free posts and limited access to the forum eg no personal messages, no trade discounts and (I think) no U -shaped Lounge.
Among other things it ensures that a motorhomer in trouble can get help even if they're not a paid member.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Unable to join meets too.

Banned from ever having a G + T or a Bacon Roll in our marquee or in our company.

Cast aside like an old shoe to live a life of lonliness, with only their noses pressed up against the cold window pain of life, able to see all the fun but banished and unable to partake.

@Jim , can't we arrange it so that @swanseajack13 has a green name or black, black is good, black works for me, pretty please?

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Noticed quite recently that some members have their names in Green @Canteen captain or @Adventum for example. Does it signify something?
Steve

Members in Green have recently joined and have not yet been here longer than two weeks or made five posts.

Once they've been here longer than two weeks or made five posts, if they haven't subscribed then the name is black

Subscribers are blue.

A quirk of the system means that some subscribers (blue) are turned green again when updating their email address. Until they've confirmed the new address they are green again and unable to post.

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks @Jim and all,
I obviously missed that memo as everybody else seems to know about it...
Out of interest I recently met an ex Funster who said he had tried to pay but failed so in the end gave up. Has there been a problem?
Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks @Jim and all,
I obviously missed that memo as everybody else seems to know about it...
Out of interest I recently met an ex Funster who said he had tried to pay but failed so in the end gave up. Has there been a problem?
Steve

No problem, we make it easy. paypal, bank transfer or cheque, so no reason to fail if you really want to subscribe.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Arghhhhhh, so much to remember :LOL:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I find it mildly irritating people join ask a question that clearly requires a few posts by them without even introducing themselves.
Isn't this considered poor etiquette? then they seem to just disappear into the ether :rolleyes:

Having said that theres quite a lot that irritates me of late :D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I find it mildly irritating people join ask a question that clearly requires a few posts by them without even introducing themselves.
Isn't this considered poor etiquette? then they seem to just disappear into the ether :rolleyes:

Etiquette stuff like that never bothers me unduly, I've done it myself on software/hardware/ support forums, desperate for an answer, I've gotten a solution and rushed off to apply it. Much later realising I didn't say thanks to the person who took the time to answer. :doh:

Some new members just use this as "resource" without fully realising that it's a community, they get their answers and go, but they are so few as not to worry about and as I alluded most are not being deliberately rude.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I cant believe you actually got an informative like for that

He got an informative because I have learned something new and I expect he has experienced both lipstick and irritaion, I bow to his wise words and experience. :Eeek:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I find it intriguing that a member for five years..! Is on their 4th post..? Did they go to Coventry for 4 yrs...!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Members in Green have recently joined and have not yet been here longer than two weeks or made five posts.

Once they've been here longer than two weeks or made five posts, if they haven't subscribed then the name is black

Thanks, that cleared up a query that I didn't really need to know the answer to, but did make me wonder

why some go read only with less than their 5 posts (y)

also on the same don't need to know why either, very occasionally new green members get just over their 5 posts, guess you must have been watching the rugby :)(y)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I find it intriguing that a member for five years..! Is on their 4th post..? Did they go to Coventry for 4 yrs...!
There are lots of people who like to read but not post.
I have chatted to one or two Funsters on aires who have said they are members but rarely post anything.
Perhaps they are dazzled by our wonderful prose and feel they can't compete. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Richard.

michnig

Free Member
Jun 28, 2016
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
im a newbie ex caravaner
What's wrong with Coventry.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
What's wrong with Coventry.
Mainly that when Jim sends you there, from here, he doesn't tell you, so you end up talking to yourself :LOL:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Not really poor etiquette I don't think, just busy and perhaps a touch rude. The only thing that frustrates me is not knowing how they got on, if the advice worked etc etc.

I just joined the fiat forum and got some great help there.
http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/452057-2003-2-8-jtd-starting-problem-2.html

I deliberately went back to let them know what the solution was and to thank them for their help. I then scanned a few thread to find one where I could help in return. Turns out my own thread :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back