Why do Motorhomes have Vanity units in bathrooms?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo EK
Exp
We’re a couple of newbies 😊
Three months in and loving the Fun with Gladys our new found best MH friend 👍 Have settled into a nice routine now with storage; arrival and departure routines - having adapted these as time went on !! Only area that continues to flumux us is the bathroom vanity unit 🙄 Put all the gear (toothbrush toothpaste deodorant etc) into the unit on departure only to find it all having a noisy party during and after travels 🎉 😱🎉 Any suggestions welcome- we have taken to not using the unit when on the road but seems like such a waste of space 🙄

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Three months in and loving the Fun with Gladys our new found best MH friend 👍 Have settled into a nice routine now with storage; arrival and departure routines - having adapted these as time went on !! Only area that continues to flumux us is the bathroom vanity unit 🙄 Put all the gear (toothbrush toothpaste deodorant etc) into the unit on departure only to find it all having a noisy party during and after travels 🎉 😱🎉 Any suggestions welcome- we have taken to not using the unit when on the road but seems like such a waste of space 🙄
I use our vanity unit for all the medications etc. To ensure they don’t fall out or rattle, I use magnets on the door and thin rubber mats inside.

Upvote 0

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
marchie Stealaway and voila...another Burstner variation, I cut three baskets lengthways, great fit .

View attachment 536955
A little more elegant than our robust Bog Roll offering ... But, one day, when it's what MSM will describe as Day 5 of the Great Ferry Strike, and we're all still waiting in the queue. I'll be able to adopt a smug air and reach for the Bog Roll and head for the toilets ... [because the cassette will have rreached capacity, obviously ...]. And then where will your posh baskets be, eh?

Nah, you're right. Your solution is much more in keeping with the Burstner Brand values ... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
D0A01288-3DC2-4664-825F-F3C16AEF8050.jpeg

we keep this in ours along with every other conceivable item that you go on holiday to get away from

Upvote 0
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hi Ralph & Dave,

We operate at the cheaper end of the market and always carry a generous supply of toilet rolls [can never have too many to feed the cassette ...]. We break the pack of 9 or 12 open, and put up to 6 on the shelves, with the rest in the storage cupboard. The cardboard centres of the full rolls are perfect for keeping the lotions, potions, tablets and ointments that the older motorhomer needs upright, they stop noise and movement, cost nothing, and the 'storage' is using an area of what would otherwise be wasted space! With a 5.99m m/home with quite limited space, we have to opt for function over aesthetics [saves having to admit being cheapskates ...] :LOL:

Steve & Elaine
View attachment 536796
Photo attached. 'Et viola', as Yehudi Menhuin never said ... :LOL:
That's very clever, nice to know your than just your average stalker........I don't know how the lovely Elain copes Steve. ;) :giggle:

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
On a bit of a tangent, you may find that the advice to make sure the cupboard is full of products is difficult to achieve, given that on the face of it there's no female involved: consequently there aren't ten different face creams and three types of shampoo - once you've got the soap, deodorant and toothpaste sorted, you're done.

Our bathroom and 'gubbins in small pots' shelves have got thin bungee fitted across them.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
See if you can get plastic containers to limit the rattle. We spotted these and they’re exactly the right size.

Attachments

• CF398968-573E-4967-AD23-97751F69DD6E.jpeg
    CF398968-573E-4967-AD23-97751F69DD6E.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
On a bit of a tangent, you may find that the advice to make sure the cupboard is full of products is difficult to achieve, given that on the face of it there's no female involved: consequently there aren't ten different face creams and three types of shampoo - once you've got the soap, deodorant and toothpaste sorted, you're done.

Our bathroom and 'gubbins in small pots' shelves have got thin bungee fitted across them.
I take then Trev that you don’t shave, moisturise, use beard oil or Aftershave 😛😛😛

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
I take then Trev that you don’t shave, moisturise, use beard oil or Aftershave 😛😛😛

Shave: Soap.
Moisturise: OK, it's Posh Soap.
Shampoo: 'Blades Back' all over, so Soap.
Conditioner: Not enough hair to bother, so Soap.
Beard Oil: See Conditioner.
Aftershave: Not enough shaved space to warrant it.

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I haven’t tried because I don’t want the dirty water going from the ( my ) bottom up my hooter😤😤

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back