Why do i attract them (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
We are in a large off road layby in the middle of nowhere really, nothing around us on a tuesday night really dark and peaceful
Well it was but now we have 2 cars full of lads playing really loud booming music.
Why is it in this country we have these idiots we went all over france last year for 4 weeks and never had this issue once.

I love wild camping but this country is doomed no where to go yoiths spoil it all the time along with councils who dont want you so we come out in tge country away from houses etc and get this.

Think we will have to move soon as they are now driving around the gravel car park shouting etc

Not scared but worried for any damage they may cause

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I suppose they are attracted to it for the same reason you are, it’s quiet and nobody bothers them.

Doesn’t help though and I would hate it too.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Yep, totally with you on that.

After two days on a campsite in Aviemore, we headed up to the Cairngorms to ski. As always, I asked was it okay to stay overnight on the car park. As always, I was told of course.

10pm, some wazzak in a “Scooby” (Subaru Impreza ( 50% of them driven by complete w4nk3rs)). Rolls up at 10pm doing doughnuts In the car park, narrowly missing our van. This went on for over 20 mins.

An hour later, a police car does a tour. I’ve no video evidence and I guess he’s not broken the law. So no point in even approaching the bobbies.

I just pray for silence some nights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Local news the other night was showing ground damage on Dartmoor, made by vehicles turning up at night, churning up the ground, wheels spinning etc..
Agree with you Lanerboy, in France you don’t get this type of behaviour, have no recollection of seeing it travelling around Italy either.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Not sure about the tokes, I do know however, they are bloody good at 12v heavy duty wiring. Have a look at some of their sound system installs, works of art they are.

That is unless it’s the ones that have nicked the car or have the biggest banger they could find to ruin. :-(

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
We were all young at some point. Some of the best spots for motorhomes are also the best spots to go pull a few donuts and spark up a fat one. Ask them for a few tokes and 'chill out man'

Is that before or after they pebble dash my MH from wheel spinning ?

We have had to move more turned up now, i could possibly except it on a friday or sat night but then again these idiots probally dont have a job to go to in the morning either

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We did have French youths turn up at a car park marked in the aire book in a tiny village
No other motorhomes . A car arrived late loud music and seemed to be goading us. Mooning in fact ! We were spying in the van with the lights off.
We ignored them but an hour later another car of youths came and one got out of the car and walked near our van .
We turned all the lights on and lifted the blind They soon shot off , we think they thought it was empty and were out to rob or cause damage, we both stayed awake and left in the morning ! They left s bag of litter on the floor near the bin !

So French youths can be just as bad!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I feel for you Lanerboy
Now retired, but , selfless & considerate to higher degree than most thesedays , every time we go out in the car, go anywhere public and see how some people behave, with no regard for anyone else, or the effect they are having, just makes my blood boil.
The worst part is there is nothing we can do about it, its too late, the country has gone to the dogs, the police are now social workers, and are not feared.

If you really want to see how screwed up society is thesedays, I prey you dont get stuck in any city A&E department for 6/7 hours as we did recently. There were more police officers in each patient bay guarding us and staff against the threat of injury from the drugged up, or drunk people they had dragged in from the street.
We even witnessed two police shift changes, 2 officers to one drugged up violent patient, about 6 officers in total at any one time.
And we wonder why we dont have enough staff in the NHS or police on the streets, the valuable resource that they are is being wasted on the few, they should be made to pay back what they have taken out the pot.
Just Living the dream, can seem like a nightmare at times.
Hope you find somewhere safe & peaceful tonight.
LES

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
I read a story about a shop owner who kept getting the youffs around his shop upto no good so he rigged up a speaker and played classical music all night.
not the thing for them to listen too so they went to irritate some other poor sole.

Another solution would be to have a sound generator that produced sound at around 19 to 20 kHz, anyone over 40 ish probably wouldn’t be able to hear it.

I’ve been looking for a device that could interfere with an amplifier to block or distort a stereo.
when I had a Sony Walkman as a kid I was in the car when a police car pulled in front of us. When he used his radio I could hear his side of the conversation over my music. Probably illegal sure someone’s built such a thing.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Once pulled up at a favourite campsite in Burgundy, end of term.

Massive group of school children 16+ turned up in tents.

"we are in for it tonight I said to Mrs. TM"

By 10pm they were all in bed, think we were a bit pi55sed in anticipation and made more noise than they did.

Hangs head in shame

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We were all young at some point. Some of the best spots for motorhomes are also the best spots to go pull a few donuts and spark up a fat one. Ask them for a few tokes and 'chill out man'

Sadly that's not chilling out, its being anti social & shows a lack of decent manners & people find it intimidating.

Sad but true.

As a youngster in my car or on motorbike, if I'd arrived somewhere quiet & found someone parked up in a motorhome, I'd have left them in peace.

However, I was brought up on a farm which had an old airfield, we used to buy bangers & hoon around on the old tarmac & gravel til the cars went fizz bang, took it to the scrap yard & went looking for another scrapper.
This probably got any nonsense out of my system & we'd been doing this since about the age of 10, but if we' came across anyone out for a walk we simply went back to the farm & left folks in peace.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Sadly that's not chilling out, its being anti social & shows a lack of decent manners & people find it intimidating.

As a youngster in my car or on motorbike, if I'd arrived somewhere quiet & found someone parked up in a motorhome, I'd have left them in peace.

However, I was brought up on a farm which had an old airfield, we used to buy bangers & hoon around on the old tarmac & gravel til the cars went fizz bang, took it to the scrap yard & went looking for another scrapper.
This probably got any nonsense out of my system & we'd been doing this since about the age of 10, but if we' came across anyone out for a walk we simply went back to the farm & left folks in peace.
Perhaps they don't have the freedom of being brought up on a farm, that the layby Lanerboy parked up in is the one spot in a £2 fuel range that they can go and razz without getting grief from folk?

Normally.

Who is the actually the outsider here?

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
I do think it was somewhat inconsiderate to you OP, but on the other hand, if they had been doing this outside your house or in your neighborhood I'm fairly sure we would instead be reading "why can't they bugger off to some layby in the middle of nowhere?"

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We did have French youths turn up at a car park marked in the aire book in a tiny village
No other motorhomes . A car arrived late loud music and seemed to be goading us. Mooning in fact ! We were spying in the van with the lights off.
We ignored them but an hour later another car of youths came and one got out of the car and walked near our van .
We turned all the lights on and lifted the blind They soon shot off , we think they thought it was empty and were out to rob or cause damage, we both stayed awake and left in the morning ! They left s bag of litter on the floor near the bin !

So French youths can be just as bad!

Ohoooo Yesssss! I seem to be the one just like you Lanerboy, it always happens to me. I try to find a peaceful place, here in my town (yes it happens now and then when people book our reception coffee lounge for some private event and go boom boom music all night... drives me mad so I leave my place) and ... I park. I start chilling up a bit ... and bang!!!! They come , music, crisps sodas and it lasts at least up to midnight. I wonder where I can stay to make sure it'll be peacefull

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I recall a lady mentioned in a Terry Pratchett book who called for a law that all people under 20 should be flogged daily " that would teach them to be young"

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
May I suggest. Instead of being so tight why not pay for a night on a site instead of a lay by. Are you a dogger? It would work out cheaper than driving round looking for a quiet lay by
Who wants to stay in a prison camp, and even if you do how many sites are open in January?

Allinthestars

Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740 Plus
Exp
But isn't it illegal to wild camp in england. As written in this months Practical motorhome magazine

Attachments

• 15857571963657482058753047401258.jpg
    15857571963657482058753047401258.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 33

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
But isn't it illegal to wild camp in england. As written in this months Practical motorhome magazine
I'll let you go and tell the thousands of lorry drivers who do it every day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back