Why did you Subscribe/Re subscribe? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Over the weekend I'm writing a new page to let people know about the benefits of subscribing. I'm looking for some testimonials for the page. I'd appreciate it if you could give me something to use.

Why did you subscribe/resubscribe? Thanks

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The possibilities are endless here........:rofl:

Sorry Jim.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've become addicted to the site? Probably not.

How about: A vibrant community, full of useful and up to date information.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
One of the original members.
Great community with a family feel.
Members always ready to help and advise with the added benefit of a touch of humour.
Great rallies and meets where everyone is welcome but no one is ever pressured into doing what they don't want to.

We have been members since the start and although we don't go to lots of meets / rallies when we do we always feel welcome. Over the years we've made some really good friends and had some of our happiest times. We travel a lot all over the world and on occasions have got into a fix but a request for help on Motorhomefun has always helped us get out of trouble. The amount of knowledge and help available is worth the subscription fee ten times over, plus the benefit of being part of a great community.

forestboy
RorynJan

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Over the years we have belonged to various clubs associated with our Motorhome, none have really held our interest until we joined motorhome fun.

Here we found a completely new experience, ask a question on any subject to do with our Motorhome, touring in Europe, UK , or technical issues within minutes often helpful information comes back.

As you use the forum more, you find that there is a whole community out there to interact with exchange ideas meet up with and a different aspect to your motorhoming becomes part of your social life as well.

The forum itself is friendly helpful, with no attitude about what camper van / motorhome you have be it RV or a Bedford Rascal everyone is made welcome.

Reactions: Mel
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Being able to ask a question knowing that it will be answered! This forum is an invaluable resource as well as simply a place for like minded people to get together in the 'virtual world'

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I stay because of the helpful and friendliness of the membership with no heavy handed moderators.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It`s informative, funny there is something different everytime you log in, there are some really really nice people on here, no, sorry , they are all really nice people. Anything you need to know will always be replied to ,some of it serious some not so. If you got a tenner it will be the best ten quid you spend There you go that sums it up for me :):):):):):)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I was made welcome right from the start (Clicks no cliques).

No matter what the question you will get an answer. Some are even useful!

Even when you have made a right idiot of yourself you get sympathy and help........

Okay it's £10 a year but I've saved that many times over in less than 6 months!

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
From a newbies point of view….. I had visited another site but it didn't seem as friendly. As soon as I visited Fun, I felt like I could ask anything and contribute straight away. I'll let you know what I think of the meets, as the first one is in September. We haven't even got a motorhome yet, but still feel very welcome :)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have only just joined and subscribed almost straightaway solely for the forum, it was the only site where the responses came in quickly and from a wide variety of members (everybody has an opinion), all the other forums we found seemed to be either very inactive or there were only a couple of people who responded with any knowledge. Other forums might be great but you either really had to be known to people to get responses or subscribe before being allowed to access fully to find out, but here it seems like everybody is welcomed.

The rally's etc are a pleasant surprise (we went to Stratford) and I am sure we shall go to more.

So we subscribed because it seemed that we would be able to use the forum more easily, searching, doc access etc..., and you had a discount available.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Only been a funster for a few weeks,,already got answers to loads of questions, and been on our first meet and it was great,,the members are so helpful and you get replies to questions within minutes,,best £10 ever spent for help and advice at the press of a button...

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well, as we won't support or give discounts to any other forum, many of our customers join to take advantage of the Van Bitz 10% discount. I am really happy to say that many have taken the trouble to tell me subsequently, how glad they are that they've joined for a host of other reasons.(y)

Just in case your wondering? The largest "Funsters" discount Van Bitz have given to date: £978.00 :eek:

So 98 years free subscriptions for them(y)

Also what so many people don't realise is that Jim is tireless in the work he does, behind the scenes, especially with the trade to ensure great deals for his members

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Great bunch of people, welcoming, friendly and very helpful. As long as I have a motor home I will be a member.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Good honest knowledgeable, but above all other sites, friendly web site, with members who will go out of their way to help each other if they can. membership is a must.

Enough said.........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The very best thing for me with this forum is that it feels like your chatting to people you have known for many years, even though you have never met. I enjoy the company, the posting, but above all the lack of 'cliques' that seem to dominate many other like minded sights. Everyone is helpful, and will go far out of their way to resolve any problems you post about.
The best tenner's worth I have ever spent.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If I wasn't on here I'd have to talk to the wife :).

I have just renewed mine and the simple reason being the members, all are different from different backgrounds and different opinions but they are all so helpful and friendly. I know its impossible to get on with everyone but so far all the folk we have met have been nice decent folk even Jim. Although one night I was forced to drink Boddingtons by Dave (maxsdad) so there is the exception.:rofl:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Cos no one gets smarty-arsed when I ask a really dumb question.
Cos no one minds if I ask a question about something other than motor homing

And the jokes really make me laugh when I'm having a crap day like today!
It's a great site, full of nice people.

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
You can pay hundreds of pounds to be abused (so I'm told), yet on here you can get it for a tenner
smiley-shocked025.gif

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
From a newbies point of view….. I had visited another site but it didn't seem as friendly. As soon as I visited Fun, I felt like I could ask anything and contribute straight away. I'll let you know what I think of the meets, as the first one is in September. We haven't even got a motorhome yet, but still feel very welcome :)

Off wiv er ead! o_O

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
No discrimination on the forum, you ask the question and choose the appropriate reply that fits your purpose.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I started full-timing in February 2013, basically from scratch as I had only spent a week in a motorhome prior to this. I met a Funster on a site in Italy a short time afterwards who told me the benefits of the site, including advice on every motorhoming aspect under the sun. He was not wrong, I have picked up so many practical points and ideas, there are links to POI'S, websites, everything. It's basically a huge database of experience from people who have been doing this for years. It's also a laugh (y)(y)(y)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
It's my newspaper, magazine a mine of information and an essential daily read and I miss it when I can't get on. Whatever information I'm looking for, motorhome or not, this is the first place I look. Amongst the often humorous replies there's always someone who will come up with the answer you're looking for and although there are many I've never met, or likely to, there's a certain camaraderie on FUN.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A forum for all types of campers, no one looks up or down on anyone.. whether you own a tent, camper van, caravan, motor caravan, £100k American RV or indeed none at all.. you will be treated the same.

From serious topical and technical debates, travel info, pets, photography and cooking.. there is something for everyone.. no question too silly.. but plenty of funny answers mixed in with the serious stuff.

If thinking of buying but can't decide.. ? Then join now, this is the forum for you..
You will get great advice and less likely to buy an expensive mistake.. ie. a van that is either unsuitable or a lemon..

Be careful.. it is addictive and there is no known antidote. I've been hooked for 7 years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back